Alternate Ending

Requested by @hisfavlover

This takes place when Stan only has 3 hours left to save Kyle. (Chapter 15).

(Warning: angsty)

Stan's POV:

I make it home at 1:06am, sprinting the entire way there. I run into my bedroom and wring out my T-shirt. I wipe Damien's blood on to Kyle's forehead and copy every step of the spell. I just have to hope that I am the thing Kyle loved the most.

"️S̴̨̛͇̺͇͕̟̘͎̗͖̙͍̭̞͇̒͆̀͝t̵̏͛̃̍́̈̚͜͝ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜p̸̢̻͓͎̻͙͂͒̋͒̓̃͊̐̔͘͝ 1̶̨͚͙͖̥̹̦͍̈́̔̀:
ŵ̵̨̢̳̞̤̝̖̠̘̩̞̘̭͍̘̐́̈͑̈́̐̂̔̽̓͋̂̔ͅi̵̢̢̡͚̩̞̥͕̜̻̫̩̐̈͘͜l̷̢̨̨̫̼͙̞͉̗͉̖̲̖̞̿̉ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜ t̵̏͛̃̍́̈̚͜͝ȟ̸̨̯̲̝̳͓͎̭͖͊̄̔̽̓̂̋̇̋̀̕̚͜ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜ k̵̨̪̖͇͙͎̜͊̌͘͜i̵̢̢̡͚̩̞̥͕̜̻̫̩̐̈͘͜l̷̢̨̨̫̼͙̞͉̗͉̖̲̖̞̿̉l̷̢̨̨̫̼͙̞͉̗͉̖̲̖̞̿̉ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜ŕ̶̛̰̱̈́̀́̑̿̾͛͂̈́͗̓̈́̒͘͝️️ş̵̛̳̍̃̏͆̏̂̎͌͘͝͝͝͝ b̶̖̤̋́̋̾̔͗̆͊̊̆́͑̌͆͊̈́l̷̢̨̨̫̼͙̞͉̗͉̖̲̖̞̿̉o̶̯͎̱͐̇͋̅̃̈́͋̽̊̀̓͊̃́͋̓o̶̯͎̱͐̇͋̅̃̈́͋̽̊̀̓͊̃́͋̓d̴̨̢̤̗̦͚̺̭̤͙̹̃̕ o̶̯͎̱͐̇͋̅̃̈́͋̽̊̀̓͊̃́͋̓️ṉ̵͓̬͈̞̥̭̥̇̓̔͋ t̵̏͛̃̍́̈̚͜͝ȟ̸̨̯̲̝̳͓͎̭͖͊̄̔̽̓̂̋̇̋̀̕̚͜ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜ ṿ̷̮͚̤͊̋̐͊͊̑̅̇̊̎̚͠i̵̢̢̡͚̩̞̥͕̜̻̫̩̐̈͘͜️c̸̛͕̯͂̐̓͗͊͛͝t̵̏͛̃̍́̈̚͜͝i̵̢̢̡͚̩̞̥͕̜̻̫̩̐̈͘͜m̶̥͇͈̣̏͑̿͑̃̈͛̕͠️ş̵̛̳̍̃̏͆̏̂̎͌͘͝͝͝͝ ḟ̴̧̧̗͍͉͔̹͎̻͓̇͊̃̒̄̈̓̉̌̈͝͝o̶̯͎̱͐̇͋̅̃̈́͋̽̊̀̓͊̃́͋̓ŕ̶̛̰̱̈́̀́̑̿̾͛͂̈́͗̓̈́̒͘͝️ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜ȟ̸̨̯̲̝̳͓͎̭͖͊̄̔̽̓̂̋̇̋̀̕̚͜ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜â̸̙͐͑̌̿͛̽d̴̨̢̤̗̦͚̺̭̤͙̹̃̕, â̸̙͐͑̌̿͛̽️ṉ̵͓̬͈̞̥̭̥̇̓̔͋d̴̨̢̤̗̦͚̺̭̤͙̹̃̕ l̷̢̨̨̫̼͙̞͉̗͉̖̲̖̞̿̉â̸̙͐͑̌̿͛̽y̷̧̰̲͍̝̘̗̩̑̇͐̾̽̏͊͑̇̃̉͜ t̵̏͛̃̍́̈̚͜͝ȟ̸̨̯̲̝̳͓͎̭͖͊̄̔̽̓̂̋̇̋̀̕̚͜ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜i̵̵̢̢̡͚̩̞̥͕̜̻̫̩̐̈͘͜ t̵̏͛̃̍́̈̚͜͝ȟ̸̨̯̲̝̳͓͎̭͖͊̄̔̽̓̂̋̇̋̀̕̚͜i̵̢̢̡͚̩̞̥͕̜̻̫̩̐̈͘͜️ṉ̵͓̬͈̞̥̭̥̇̓̔͋ğ̶̡͚̺̼̱̺̘̳̘̩͚̯͔̎̅̍͋̒́̔̈́̎̂͜͜ t̵̏͛̃̍́̈̚͜͝ȟ̸̨̯̲̝̳͓͎̭͖͊̄̔̽̓̂̋̇̋̀̕̚͜ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜y̷̧̰̲͍̝̘̗̩̑̇͐̾̽̏͊͑̇̃̉͜ l̷̢̨̨̫̼͙̞͉̗͉̖̲̖̞̿̉o̶̯͎̱͐̇͋̅̃̈́͋̽̊̀̓͊̃́͋̓ṿ̷̮͚̤͊̋̐͊͊̑̅̇̊̎̚͠ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜d̴̨̢̤̗̦͚̺̭̤͙̹̃̕ t̵̏͛̃̍́̈̚͜͝ȟ̸̨̯̲̝̳͓͎̭͖͊̄̔̽̓̂̋̇̋̀̕̚͜ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜ m̶̥͇͈̣̏͑̿͑̃̈͛̕͠o̶̯͎̱͐̇͋̅̃̈́͋̽̊̀̓͊̃́͋̓️ş̵̛̳̍̃̏͆̏̂̎͌͘͝͝͝͝t̵̏͛̃̍́̈̚͜͝ ️ṉ̵͓̬͈̞̥̭̥̇̓̔͋ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜️x̵̨̞̳̟̰̗̦͈͈͙̻͎͉̫͓̌̎͒͑͠͝ͅͅt̵̏͛̃̍́̈̚͜͝ t̵̏͛̃̍́̈̚͜͝i̵̢̢̡͚̩̞̥͕̜̻̫̩̐̈͘͜m̶̥͇͈̣̏͑̿͑̃̈͛̕͠ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜ t̵̏͛̃̍́̈̚͜͝ȟ̸̨̯̲̝̳͓͎̭͖͊̄̔̽̓̂̋̇̋̀̕̚͜ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜ ṿ̷̮͚̤͊̋̐͊͊̑̅̇̊̎̚͠i̵̢̢̡͚̩̞̥͕̜̻̫̩̐̈͘͜️c̸̛͕̯͂̐̓͗͊͛͝t̵̏͛̃̍́̈̚͜͝i̵̢̢̡͚̩̞̥͕̜̻̫̩̐̈͘͜m̶̥̏͑̿͑̃̈͛̕͠.

️S̴̨̛͇̺͇͕̟̘͎̗͖̙͍̭̞͇̒͆̀͝t̵̏͛̃̍́̈̚͜͝ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜p̸̢̻͓͎͂͒̋͒̓̃͊̐̔͘͝ 2̴͓̺̭͐̎͒̇͆̌̽͑͊̇͌͐̈́̿̕͝:
️Ĉ̵̢̢̱̞̻̣͕͈̱̥̤̳͉ȟ̸̨̯̲̝̳͓͎̭͖͊̄̔̽̓̂̋̇̋̀̕̚͜â̸̙͐͑̌̿͛̽️ṉ̵͓̬͈̞̥̭̥̇̓̔͋t̵̏͛̃̍́̈̚͜͝ t̵̏͛̃̍́̈̚͜͝ȟ̸̨̯̲̝̳͓͎̭͖͊̄̔̽̓̂̋̇̋̀̕̚͜ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜ ŵ̵̨̢̳̞̤̝̖̠̘̩̞̘̭͍̘̐́̈͑̈́̐̂̔̽̓͋̂̔ͅo̶̯͎̱͐̇͋̅̃̈́͋̽̊̀̓͊̃́͋̓ŕ̶̛̰̱̈́̀́̑̿̾͛͂̈́͗̓̈́̒͘͝️d̴̨̢̤̗̦͚̺̭̤͙̹̃̕ "pǝɐʇɥ" t̵̏͛̃̍́̈̚͜͝ȟ̸̨̯̲̝̳͓͎̭͖͊̄̔̽̓̂̋̇̋̀̕̚͜ŕ̶̛̰̱̈́̀́̑̿̾͛͂̈́͗̓̈́̒͘͝️ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜ t̵̏͛̃̍́̈̚͜͝i̵̢̢̡͚̩̞̥͕̜̻̫̩̐̈͘͜m̶̥͇͈̣̏͑̿͑̃̈͛̕͠ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜️ş̵̛̳̍̃̏͆̏̂̎͌͘͝͝͝͝. ️Ĉ̵̢̢̱̞̻̣͕͈̱̥̤̳͉l̷̢̨̨̫̼͙̞͉̗͉̖̲̖̞̿̉o̶̯͎̱͐̇͋̅̃̈́͋̽̊̀̓͊̃́͋̓️ş̵̛̳̍̃̏͆̏̂̎͌͘͝͝͝͝ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜ y̷̧̰̲͍̝̘̗̩̑̇͐̾̽̏͊͑̇̃̉͜o̶̯͎̱͐̇͋̅̃̈́͋̽̊̀̓͊̃́͋̓u̴̢̠͎̲̗̮̤̥̪̖̦͈͕͛̈́̀̒̒̄̚͠ŕ̶̛̰̱̈́̀́̑̿̾͛͂̈́͗̓̈́̒͘͝️ ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜y̷̧̰̲͍̝̘̗̩̑̇͐̾̽̏͊͑̇̃̉͜ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜️ş̵̛̳̍̃̏͆̏̂̎͌͘͝͝͝͝. â̸̙͐͑̌̿͛̽️ṉ̵͓̬͈̞̥̭̥̇̓̔͋d̴̨̢̤̗̦͚̺̭̤͙̹̃̕ p̸̢̻͓͎̻͙͂͒̋͒̓̃͊̐̔͘͝ŕ̶̛̰̱̈́̀́̑̿̾͛͂̈́͗̓̈́̒͘͝️ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜p̸̢̻͓͎̻͙͂͒̋͒̓̃͊̐̔͘͝â̸̙͐͑̌̿͛̽ŕ̶̛̰̱̈́̀́̑̿̾͛͂̈́͗̓̈́̒͘͝️ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜."

I can somehow read all of it. I lay a kiss on Kyle's forehead before lying on my bed next to him, grabbing his hand and squeezing my eyes shut.

"Death. D̸̢̮̫̰̥̗̘̱͉͙͙̺̫̏͒̅̌ẹ̷͓̺̰̽̍͛̉̐̔͋̓̚͜â̸̙͐͑̌̿͛̽t̵̏͛̃̍́̈̚͜͝ȟ̸̨̯̲̝̳͓͎̭͖͊̄̔̽̓̂̋̇̋̀̕̚͜. pǝɐʇɥ." I̍̅̀̎̊ c͕͗ͤ̕̕ḣ̖̻͛̓ā̤̓̍͘ṇ̤͛̒̍t̲̂̓ͩ̑.

Kyle doesn't stir at all. He stays there, his skin pale and cold. He's a vampire - it should be. But something about him seems more dead than before.

"Wake up! Wake up! Please!" I try shouting, but it only came out as a shaky whisper. I shook my lover's shoulders to try and snap him out of his trance.

Then I hear my floorboard creak. I glanced up and saw... An alternate Kyle?

"Who are you?" I ask, my voice quivering with anxiety.

"I'm Kyl3. I'm not real, Stan."

"Huh?"

"None of this is real. The secret room in the library, the key, Kyle isn't even a vampire."

"What do you mean?" I mustered.

"You're hallucinating everything, Stan. Everything."

"Why? Does that mean Kyle isn't really dead?"

"Oh, no... dear, Kyle is still dead. And now there's nothing you can do to save him." It said, in a sickly sweet tone, as if it were teasing me.

"No. You're not real. You can't tell me that Kyle is dead!"

"Don't worry, Stan. You're just in denial."

"Fine! Why am I hallucinating, then?"

"It all started when you burnt down the weed farm. That doesn't exist anymore, either. You couldn't live with the guilt, and you created a fake world for yourself. You started hallucinating things because of your terrible mental and physical health. You couldn't look after yourself properly. You created an entire new world on your own, isn't that an extraordinary achievement!" It says this as if it were something to be proud of, and not something to cry about every night. There is something evil about this thing. Something sinister.

I was too sad to talk. My face was covered in blood, tears, and sweat. And I felt more tears sink into my skin.

"Don't cry, Stan. You can keep living in this world. But reality will strike you soon."

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU!" I scream, all my anger and stress is being taken out on this.. thing, as I leap towards it.

"You can't kill me, Stan. I'm not real." It said, and it disappeared in the blink of an eye.

"NO! NO! THIS IS ALL WRONG!" I scream. I don't know what to do, apart from lying next to Kyle. I fell to my knees in defeat as I cried in agony. "NO! No.. no" my voice faded to a whisper. I clench Kyle's dead hand, and interlock my fingers with his. "I can save you honey, don't worry." I whisper. "I can." I look over at the clock. 4:11am exactly. "I... I can't live without you, babe. Come back." I whispered.

After hours and hours of whispering to Kyle, I realise that he isn't coming back. I'm never going to see him again.

I got up from Kyle's side, and mustered up all the energy I had left. Then I jumped out the broken window without any warning.

Now it's all eternal darkness. Forever. As I watch Kyle's funeral, then my funeral, and then a week later my mom's funeral. She commited suicide as well. Then I watched Kenny's life. Kenny was my closest friend, and he saved Kyle's life. Such a shame it all went to waste. Kenny had a hard time just after me and Kyle died, but he stayed strong. Just like I wanted him to. He's immortal. And if he stays immortal forever he has to be strong.

For the rest of eternity, I watched my own life pan out, and my friends. Wendy's life, Kenny's life, Butters' life, I even watched Cartman's life.

Now I'm just a spectator of other people's lives. A nobody. And 12 and a half years after my death, no one remembers me. It would've been my 29th birthday today...

Would've been.

If I had just not acted in the moment, I could be living a happy life like the other adults in South park. But I never got to live past 17 and a half years old.

(A/N: Sorry I kinda rushed this part; I hope you like it!)