XIV | Dream

Stan's POV:

I wake up to the sound of Kyle screaming. The window is smashed and rain is spilling through the cracks. I look over to Kyle, and see there's a wooden stake through his heart. They killed him. I see someone kneeling next to him. He looks into my eyes and I look into his. And I burn with rage.

"YOU KILLED KYLE! YOU BASTARD!" I shriek, grabbing Damien by his collar and throwing him against the wall. He coughs up thick, red liquid, and then starts shouting.

"Get away from me! He killed my Pip!"

"YOUR Pip?"

"I-I mean 'He killed Pip!'"

"THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN KILL MY FUCKING KYLE."

"It does! I can kill him all I like!" Damien squeaks in his usual high pitched voice.

"I can kill you all I like."

"I'd love to see you try." He says, raising his hand in the air. Like magic, I'm lifted up too, and I feel something constricting my neck. I can't breathe anymore, and my vision blurs and my skin goes pale. Soon, everything fades into nothingness.

~X~

I'm in the woods, Kyle is sat next to me. He looks at me with a grave expression. He has a stake driven through his heart.

"Am I dead?"

"No, Stan. You're not dead. I'm the one who's dead." Kyle says, and it's clear that he's on the verge of tears. His voice is hoarse and strained, and he isn't breathing at all. His heart isn't beating.

"Where am I then?"

"You're dreaming." He pauses. "And I'm only here because I need to tell you something important."

"What is it, Kyle? You can tell me anything," I say, grasping his hands in mine.

"I wasn't meant to die." He pauses again. "And I need you to save my life again."

"What?"

"Let me explain; we're running out of time. I was killed by Damien Thorn, right? But I wasn't meant to die. I got sent here to look after you in your dreams, but I'll be taken somewhere else if you don't bring me back to the other world. This is where your part comes in. You need to go to the school library, with a key that I'll give you. If you wake up, it should be in my hand. You must take it to the school library, and unlock the mythology section. You have to find the correct spell book, with a resurrection spell, and perform it. Apparently, you have magic in your blood, so you can bring me back to life. You have less than 24 hours to save me, Stan. Here's a key," He says, holding out a white key with a green eye on it. "See if you can transport it to the living world. If not, there should be the key in the hand of my body."

It takes a moment to put this all together in my brain, but soon it starts to make more sense. I give Kyle a small, determined smile. "Okay. I've got this. I'm gonna save you, babe." Kyle smiles at me half-heartedly, or... Non-heartedly, and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Stan, I died at 1:11am. You have until 1:11am tomorrow morning to save me. I know it's a lot to handle, but you're strong enough to do it. That's why I chose you to save me. Now, you must go back to the other world and wake up. I'm sorry I can't help you any more than this."

~X~

I wake up at 4:04am. I have exactly 1267 minutes (approx. 21 hours) left. Nevermind, that's 1266 now. I look down at the key in my hand. It must've been transported here from my dream. I don't dare look behind me at the sight of Kyle.