IV | Divorce

Kyle's POV:

I don't know what came over me.

I can't believe I shouted at Stan like that. I saw red again.

I was told that I was a half vampire. I was told it had to be kept a secret. I was told it was better for me. I was told that it would protect me.

It made me the biggest asshole ever. Maybe I do have sand up my vagina. If I had a vagina I definitely would have sand up it.

Stan just wants to fix things. Stan cares about my feelings more than his. Why else would he talk to me about my depression? He wants to help me, and realises it could help him too if we were friends again. It was easier back then.

I lay awake for hours thinking about Stan. Funny because when people say that, it usually means they're falling in love. I'm falling into a state of anxiousness.

Eventually I get to sleep.

I get out of bed and walk into the living room. No one is there. I search my entire house and no one is there. I search Ike's bedroom and mom and dad's but no one is there. I check the pantry, and the cupboards. No one is there. Finally I check in all the closets and just as I'm about to open my closet the lights go out. My eyes adjust to it quickly and I find that I can see clearly after I blink a few times. Night vision really comes in handy sometimes. This time I try to open the closet, but it's locked.

I search my drawer for the key. I don't find the key to my closet, but a white key with an eye on it. It's green iris pierced my soul. I recognise it as the same key that I see in all my nightmares, and know this is going to be bad, but I need to find my family. That will make this all better. I don't want to pick it up, but I brace myself and grab it. It's slimy and sticky, and I grimace. I clutch it tightly for comfort, despite it being so gross, and hesitantly walk over to the closet again. I put the key in the lock and it fits. I turn it, slowly and carefully, like I'm holding a baby in the other hand, and not trying to find my entire family inside a closet. But, as soon as I open the door I regret it. A pile of organs and muscle tissue spills out, like the grossest soup ever. I spot torn limbs and kidneys and hearts and livers and almost puke at the sight. I notice a chunk of Ike's hair and I'm absolutely horrified. I see a finger with my mom's ring on it, and a green eye that I associate with my dad. The utter absurdity of it gets me shaking, but the fact that my family just spilled out of a closet as an organ soup makes me gag and shudder, and my body does all sorts of things that I don't recognise.

I scream.

I wake up in a cold sweat, breathing heavily. I have the temptation to scream, but start crying instead. What the fuck was that?

I sit in my bed, reflecting on the horror of the sight that I just saw. It's 2:35am but I can see in the dark.

I try to calm my breathing. One... Two... Three... Four... Five. I close my eyes again once I'm slightly calmer.

Fortunately, I manage to get back to sleep.

I wake up again. It's 8:38am now. I get up, trudge downstairs in my pyjamas and grab myself some bread. I make toast and spread Nutella on it as a treat. I walk into the living room and sit down, munching my toast. My mom and Ike are there.

"Where have you been Bubbie? You have to go to school in 20 minutes!" Mom asks.

"Sorry, mom. I had a bit of a rough night." I explain.

"I hope you're alright then, how much sleep did you get?"

"Six or Seven hours. It's alright mom, I'll be fine." I say, finishing my toast and getting up.