Chapter Forty Seven

Chapter Forty-Seven

To say this was awkward but be an understatement and what made it worse was that none of us seemed to want to move or say anything.

Thalia was dressed in a very skimpy black dress, her long shapely legs were accentuated by the dark high heels she was wearing and her hair was wild as if she or someone else had been running their fingers through it.

She looked incredible and I could help but wrap my robe tighter against my body in an attempt to hide it. My movements snapped Thalia out of her trance state and I was no longer the only one adjusting myself as Thalia adjusted her dress strap that had fallen past her shoulder and pulled her dress down.

The handsome man she was with gave me a sheepish smile and brushed his hair back with his hands, a smile I didn't return as I stood there confused as hell.

I knew Vladamir and Thalia weren't sleeping together but they both had wanted to become mates at one point when Vladamir wanted to transfer the bond over to her. It was none of my business but why was she with another man?

Did they have some sort of agreement? Vladamir sleeps with me and she sleep with this man until they transfer the bond over? I wouldn't put it past Vladamir to suggest something like that.

The silence became even more awkward as we all continued to stare at each other, none of us sure what to say now.

"I just came here to get some food, don't mind me." I broke the long silence between us and brushed past Thalia over to the cupboard at the end where I knew Jo liked to keep all the snacks I ate frequently.

"Leah." Thalia whispered, even though she had just said one word I could hear the embarrassment seeping out from it.

I wasn't sure if she was calling me or just saying my name, nonetheless I turned around. "Yes?"

"Can we pretend that this did not happen?" Her face was flushed and I had a feeling it wasn't just from the man she had been with.

Raising an eyebrow I nodded, confused by the relief that filled her face. Why was she so pressed about this? Was this a secret? If it was she shouldn't have been making out with him in the middle of the kitchen where anyone could walk in and see.

Was making out the only thing they did or did they have sex here too? Should I inform Jo that we need to sanitise this place before she cooks anything here?

She let out a little nervous laugh. "Can you not mention this to Vladamir please?"

Her question had me frowning in confusion. Why couldn't Vladamir know this? Did they not have some sort of arrangement about sleeping with other people? If Vladamir was sleeping with other people it would only be fair for Thalia to do to the same.

Vladamir's preferred mate was asking me to hide the fact that she was with another man, this was very interesting.

"Leah?"

Again if she didn't want Vladamir to find out about this, she should have been more careful.

"Where is Vladamir?"

It wasn't Thalia who answered the question, it was her handsome boyfriend. "He has gone out for business, he will not be back for a few hours." His accent was similar to Vladamir and Thalia and I wondered if he was Russian too.

What business did Vladamir have at this time of night? Was he with someone too? The thought sent a sharp spam through my body riveling the pain I had experienced all day.

With clenched teeth, I questioned who this man is. "Who are you?"

"I am Ivan." He walked over and stretched his hand out to me. "It is nice to finally meet you, Leah."