Chapter Twenty-Seven

He was going to break the mate bond?

That was possible?

How?

Why?

The last question sent an uncomfortable feeling through my body and I found myself recoiling to the idea. I wanted to break the mate bond and be as far away from Vladamir as possible so why am I not jumping for joy right now?

My stomach felt as though it was in knots as I stared at him. "I-How are you going to do that?"

"The Witch will break it." Vladamir simply said as if this knowledge was widely known.

I figured as much, dumbass!

"But how? I thought you couldn't break the mate bond unless someone..." I trailed off as I remembered the way the bond could be broken. It only ended in death.

"I'm not going anywhere with you!" I moved away from him and glanced around the room to find something I could use to hurt him with. I knew I couldn't kill him or seriously injure him but I could inflict enough pain to give me a head start.

"Why?" Vladamir questioned in confusion. "What are you looking for?"

"I'm not stupid." I informed him as I grabbed the lamp on the bedside table. "The only way the bond can be broken is if someone dies and I don't want to die."

Understanding dawned on Vladamir's face before a smirk fell on it as he eyed the lamp. "And you think that will help you."

Keeping one eye on him, I unplugged the socket so I could actually hit him with it. "If anyone should die, it should be you. You did this to me, I didn't do anything to you."

"You seduced me."

"No I didn't! You-" I stopped and took in a deep breath.

Forget about that Leah, focus on staying alive!

"Whatever. We clearly have different versions of what happened but at the end of the day, you bit me and marked me. I didn't do that to you."

"You did bite me." Vladamir told me, his smirk growing bigger on his arrogant face.

Oh yeah.

Vladamir gave me a knowing look as if he knew what I was thinking. I rolled my eyes before taking a step back. "Don't come near me. We had a deal, remember? You said you would leave me alone for a very long time."

"I am not going to kill you Leanne."

Shaking my head, I took another step back. "I don't believe you."

"If I wanted to kill you, you would be dead. Now put that down and get changed." Vladamir was no longer smiling.

For some reason my heart was telling me to believe him. "Then how will you break it."

"That does not concern you." Vladamir sounded as if this conversation was tiring him out.

"If it doesn't concern me then why do you need me?" I pointed out. "Do it without me."

"Enough."

Vladamir moved towards me and my body reacted instantly. The lamp smacked his face with a huge force that I didn't know was possible, my strength was unreal, and shattered everywhere. Glass sprayed onto the floor, the bed and onto Vladamir's face. The face that was glaring at me with unrestrained anger.

Oh shit.

Now he's definitely going to kill me.

Before I could explain my actions or apologise, Vladamir tossed what was left of the lamp onto the floor and threw me onto the bed. Multiple sharp pain was felt throughout my back and I couldn't help but groan in anguish.