Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

What did he just say?!

I must have misheard him because there is no way he just said he could 'hear the baby'.

"I can hear the heartbeat."

Whose heartbeat? What the hell is going on? Why is he rubbing my stomach like that?

"Vladamir?"

The strange look he had on his face was confusing and scaring me. A huge wave of fear ran through my body as my slow brain processed what he had just said.

What the actual fuck?

"This is a joke right? You're fucking with me."

"I do not understand what you mean by that. Do you want me to fuck you?"

Resisting the urge to hit him, I harshly pushed his hand away from my stomach. "You're messing with me right? I'm not pregnant."

Vladamir frowned and looked down at my stomach again.

I covered my stomach with my arms. "Stop looking at my stomach. There's nothing there! I'm not pregnant, I lied!"

It was silent for half a minute before Vladamir uttered a word. "Explain."

I let out a long sigh, playing this prank on him was a mistake and definitely not worth it. "Look I'm not pregnant, long story short me and Nina were talking about the prophecy and pregnancies and I ended up taking a test. The test was negative, I'm not pregnant."

Vladamir remained silent.

"I thought it would be funny, obviously I was wrong."

"Yes, you are wrong." Vladamir gently removed my hands from my stomach. "You are pregnant."

Shaking my head, I uttered the same words over and over again. "No, no, no, no."

This isn't possible, how could I be pregnant? I mean I knew how people got pregnant but this can't be happening to me.

"I suppose I cannot end your life anymore, a child needs it's mother."

I turned over to face Vladamir so quickly that I was surprised I hadn't sprained my neck. His tone and face looked serious as if he was considering his options.

I swallowed the bile that was threating to come out and started to take in deep breaths. This was bad, really bad. Vladamir didn't look or sound like he was messing around which meant...

"Fuck me." I whispered as the reality of the situation started to sink in. What am I going to do now?

"Not now Leanne, later tonight." Vladamir smirked at me and winked.

This time I didn't resist the urge to smack him. I used my bag to hit him as hard as I could. "What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you making jokes? I 'm preg- we nee- oh my god, what are we going to do?"

Vladamir snatched the bag off me and tossed it causing it to bounce on the back seat. "That's enough."

Putting my face into my hands I let out a whimper. "What are we going to do? I don't want a baby."

And I certainly don't want a baby with you.

Vladamir looked away and out the window, his brows were furrowed and his lips pursed.

"Vladamir?"

He was probably thinking the same thing, I couldn't imagine Vladamir being a dad or even wanting kids.

He looked back at me and looked down at my stomach. "I want it."

A strange choking sound echoed around the car and it took me a few seconds to realise that the sound was coming out of my mouth.