Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty-Two

One question. I could ask him one question and he would tell me the truth no matter what. There were so many things I wanted to know, so many questions I had that needed answering. I only had one shot at this, I wanted to make sure I used this opportunity wisely.

The journey back to the house was in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence like I thought there would be since his soon to be new mate was in the back seat but it wasn't too bad. She didn't say a single word though, nothing at all.

I wanted to ask him why she was coming with us to the house but I didn't want him to think that this was the question that he needed to answer truthfully with no lies or deception. I wasn't going to waste my 'one shot' on her.

A sickening thought came into my head as we almost back to the house. What if she was going to move in with us? It could be a possibility since he forced me to move in with him when we mated and once he mates with her, he would want his new mate with him all the time.

New mate. That was something I was finding hard to accept, Vladamir would have a new mate. Soon I wouldn't be his mate anymore.

This is for the best. I repeated those words in my head over and over again when a dull ache started in my heart.

We weren't meant to be together, we weren't meant to be mates.

As I thought those words, a part of me started to disagree and I closed my eyes and shook my head, trying to clear those thoughts away. For now this whole transferring the bond crap was on hold, I need to stop thinking about it.

What I should be thinking about is what question I would ask him. A few sprung to mind and they were more insults than questions.

Why are you a prick?

Why are you such a psychopath?

Do you have a heart?

Do you have any emotions?

No I couldn't waste my one question on that, I had to ask him a question about something where in normal circumstances he wouldn't tell the truth.

A couple of other questions popped into my head, they were about another person this time. A while back he said something that made no sense, his words were cryptic and as usual he didn't expand or answer any of my follow up questions.

Victoria.

Was she actually dead? Did you see her die? Where is her body?

No, there was no point in asking him questions about Victoria. He only said that to mess with my head, if she hadn't died then she would be here or the other Lycans would have found her. Even if none of them cared to check, Isabella would have. She loved Victoria like a child loved their mother.

I didn't think she is alive however if she did manage to survive and for some reason did decide pretend that she's dead wouldn't it be wise to just...leave her to it? If she did do that, she obviously wanted to be left alone.

Plus she stole babies, it wouldn't be a good idea to have her around Riya. She might try to kidnap her or think the baby is hers.

Wait, maybe I should find out if she's alive or not. What if this whole 'she died during the fight' was some sort of ploy to get the baby? Nina and Gabriel don't think anyone is after their baby anymore, their guards are down and they don't have as much security as they did before. This would be a good time for Victoria to steal their baby!

No! I need to stop this crazy train of thoughts. Victoria is not going to steal Nina's and Gabriel's baby because she's dead. Dead people can't steal anything!