Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Thirty-One

It felt like deja-vu, the room was silent again as we all stared at each other. Like before no one uttered a word and I looked at everyone's faces to take in their expressions.

Selene looked unsurprised by this turn of event, her eyes flickering between Vladamir and I. Thalia looked pissed and threw me a dirty look as if I was the one who had said no.

My eyes finally met Vladamir's and like before it was hard to read his face as it was blank but his eyes were readable and there was that strange look in them again.

Instead of Selene breaking the silence like the first time, it was me. "What?"

"Okay." Selene started to say ignoring my question. "We can reconvene at a later date."

"What's going on?" I asked Vladamir who was looking at Selene. "Are we not doing this?"

"Yes, what is going on?" Thalia questioned at the same time as me.

My eyes snapped away from Vladamir to Thalia whose face was filled with confusion. Her light brown eyes found mine before narrowing slightly.

I don't know why you're looking at me like this, it wasn't me this time!

"Leanne, let's go." Vladamir demanded as he began to exit the room.

"Vladamir?" Thalia called out before I could. Vladamir paused his movements and turned around. "Have you changed your mind?"

"We will discuss this later." Vladamir turned to me and motioned with his head to follow him. "Leanne."

Giving Selene a hesitant smile which she returned I followed Vladamir out of the room, completely ignoring Thalia who was still standing there. Vladamir had reached the top of the stairs and I was halfway there when Selene called out to me.

"Leah?"

Looking over my shoulder, I paused and said. "Yeah?"

She glided over to me and come to a stop a couple of step away from me. Her eyes moved past mine and stared at what was behind me. Wondering what she was looking at I did the same only to find nothing there. Her eyes lingered there for a couple of more seconds as if she was waiting for something before meeting mine. Her hand stretched out in front of her, her palm facing up with a small white piece of paper on it.

"This is my number." She told me as I took the paper from her.

I slipped the piece of paper into my pocket. "Thanks." I didn't want Vladamir to see the paper and I knew she didn't want to either, if she didn't mind she would have given me her details while Vladamir was here.

"Do you want me to show you the way out?" Selene asked politely as I turned around.

"Nah, I'll be fine." I told her as I began climbing up the stairs again.

As I manoeuvred my way around the house, I caught no glimpse of Vladamir suggesting that he was outside. The prick could have at least waited for me since he made me come out here to some random house for no reason.

"Leanne." A female voice called out causing me to stop in my tracks.

Turning around I found Thalia hot on my heels. Raising an eyebrow I wondered what she wanted.

She gave me a small smile as her eyes trailed up and down my body. I knew what she was doing and I decided I wouldn't let her make me feel self-conscious.

Well- I was already self-conscious but I would let her see that!

"My eyes are up here." I told her, clicking my finger. "Also, I'm not into girls."