Chapter 6

Asmodeus's POV

"Ashmedai," Sin says at dinner one evening, "How is everything for you?"
"It's going well," I answer, clenching my jaw, "As you very much know. My numbers are the only ones who have gone up."

He nods and his eyes sparkle with anger as he sees I will not play his games. Satan draws in a breath feeding off of it.

I feel a pulse in my emotions, one of pain, and glance at Lucifer. I raise my eyebrows. He tilts his head in confusion. That emotion isn't his. I leave the table and apologize quickly, "I'll be back momentarily."

I turn into my bedroom. She probably meant to block her pain, but it was too sharp of a pain. I hear no response and start pacing, "Fuck!"

I fling a glass at the wall and it shatters. I call out, "Dammit Rose. What the fuck is happening?"
A hand grabs mine as I'm about to throw another glass at the wall. I spin and Luc's dark eyes greet mine. He whispers, "My love, throwing things at the wall isn't helping the feeling."

"Yeah but it is soothing my anger," I say as I chuck the glass at the wall. Lucifer closes the door gently and falls back on the bed. I continue throwing objects at the wall until I calm down. I turn to look at Lucifer. He's opened the book I was reading and is reading it. His long body is stretched across the bed. He's stripped his shirt off and his body is available to look at. I study his body, he has one simple tattoo of a lion prowling. A tribute to Micheal. I have never cared about Lucifer's other lovers. When we fell we all changed, even him. We have loved each other almost since The Week. He stands and my hand trails down his chest. He leans in and kisses me. I deepen the kiss. And his hands pull at my shirt. He lifts it over my chest and his hand touches my neck, trailing the upside down cross.

"Asmodues," Leviathan barges in. Lucifer pulls back quickly. He doesn't know that Via knows. She nods and gestures to the door. I follow her hand and see Rose. She's staring at Lucifer and I. Her eyes are one of surprise. Then her legs fold beneath her. Lucifer moves quickly and catches Rose just as she falls. I finally see the bright red blossom on her white dress. Luc picks her up and puts her on the bed.

"Leave us Leviathan," Lucifer orders, "and speak of none of this to anyone."

She disappears with one glance of understanding at me. I turn to Rose. Lucifer is blocking the evil from the room with his power. I strip Rose of her dress. She has slash marks, bruises, and knife marks. Lucifer stares, "What the fuck is happening up there? This is the shit we're known for."

I don't reply. I draw on Lucifer. Nothing. He's too stressed and shocked to even think about sex. I whisper, "Hey, Eros. I need your help."

He tilts his head confused. I sigh, "I need lust. You've blocked me from the rest of Hell and Rose has passed out so I can't draw from her."

He nods and I feel his eyes undressing me from here. My senses fill with his lust and I take a deep breath. I allow the lust to flow from my mind deep into Rose. I don't know if healing an angel with one of the deadly sins will harm her, but I have to try. I slowly roll her over to have access to her back. I pause upon seeing the mark.

"Ash?" Lucifer asks, wondering why the magic stopped.

I can't form words upon seeing the mark. Lucifer pears over my shoulder and gasps, "He didn't..."

"Get Cain up here," I command and Lucifer doesn't question me, disappearing from the room. He returns with Cain who stares at Rosalina. I ask, "Cain, the mark, what does it truly mean?"
He comes besides me and sees his mark on her skin. He laughs, "Oh God, you've really done it again."

I say again, "What is the meaning?"
"He has marked her as a wanderer, someone who can not gain from the Earth. She can't become a part of a family or fall in love and any harm that becomes of her shall become of the other sevenfold," He answers. He points to the other mark, "That though I am not sure on. Or what could ever possibly mean."