Chapter 7

Asmodeus's POV

I wake to Lucifer, sitting up. He's already buried in a book. I whisper, "Good morning, Lucifer."

"Good morning, my love," he replies, glancing down at me. My alarm goes off and I sigh, standing. I go to the bathroom and turn on my shower. I step into it, planning my day out. Lucifer has to go watch Satan's fights today, which I'll probably go to, just to distract myself from Rose's week. I sigh as I remember all the paperwork I have to do. Not to mention I have to try to find something about this Dark One shit. I turn the water off after cleaning myself. I sigh and step out heading to my closet. Lucifer is staring at me, a cigarette in his mouth. He lets out the smoke and says, "That's a view."

I smirk and walk to him. I grab his cigarette and put out the end and then kiss him. His mouth tastes of ash and mint. He groans as I deepen the kiss. His hand goes to my dick and I hiss when he grabs it. I pull away resting my forehead on his. He slides his hand around me gently. I groan and Lucifer smirks. I whisper, voice rough, "We really don't have the time for this."

"I'm making time," He says, lazily. He pulls me down onto the bed and his body covers mine. His body against mine. He whispers into my ear, "I need to feel you around me."

I moan as his lips fall to my neck. He kisses my neck and suddenly my plans for the day change fast.

"Lucifer," I mutter, "Stop looking at me like that or I'm not gonna get any work done."

He laughs and says, once again smoking, "I'm perfectly okay with that."

"Are you okay?" I ask, glancing at him as I pull pants on. His purple eyes meet mine and all I can see there is desire and love.

"I'm perfect," He says. He leans over and opens the window again, letting the smoke escape through it. I stare at him. His lion tattoo curls around his perfect body. All angles, but somehow still soft and gentle. His body appears to be glowing a light purple to me as if there is a thread connecting us. His hair is still mussed from our sex still and he doesn't seem to mind. He puts the cigarette to his lips and the view is aesthetically pleasing to my brain. I grab my shirt and Lucifer says, "Can't you cancel everything and just stay here with me?"

His eyes have a different look in them. Something uneasy walks across his purple eyes. I stare and he doesn't remove his eyes from mine.

"Okay," I ask, curious to see what he's uneasy about, "What's going on?"

"Nothing," He mutters.

"Liar," I say, "It's written all over your face, so just tell me."

"I just..." he trails off. He looks at the window and I watch his brain piece together the words, "I just have this feeling you're gonna leave me after she comes out."

"Oh Eros," I say softly, "I told you I wasn't going to leave."

"I know," he answers, not meeting my eyes, "But you have a habit of forgetting about everyone and everything else when she's involved."

I sigh, pausing my hand in the closet. He needs me to stay, he won't say it, but the way his energy is pouring off of him if I leave I'll break his heart. So instead I grab pajama pants out of the closet and chuck them at him. He catches them without looking and I say, "Just remember tomorrow when you have double the work, that you wanted me to skip work."

He laughs, but his smile at me staying is magical. I grab my pajama pants and redress in them. When I turn around Lucifer's back is to me and I clench my jaw as lust flares through me. His back is muscle. An empty canvas of muscle. You can see where his wings would've been if God hadn't cut his off before he fell. I smile and come up behind him my arms wrap around him. He tilts his head to the side and I kiss his neck softly. His breath hitches softly and I whisper, "I love you, my eros."