Chapter 16

Satan's Pov

I stare at Asura. The bruises around her wrists, ankles and rib cages somehow seem darker still even after three days. I glare at them, anger simmering in my bones. He hurt her. He almost killed her. She'd be dead if I hadn't drawn the crowd's power into myself to beat him. She's been swimming in and out of consciousness for days.

"Satan, let me in," Asmodeus shouts through the door.

"Go fuck yourself!" I shout back at him. There's no way I'm letting that motherfucker in my bedroom while Asura lays in the bed unconscious because of him.

"Hmm Satan," Asura's weak voice says.

"I'm right here," I whisper, grabbing her hand, "I'm right here,"

She says, voice rough, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Thorns," I tell her. My insides ignite when she asks. She's been unconscious for days and her first thought is of my well being. I say, "How do you feel?"

" Like I got run over by a semi truck," She says sitting up.

"Satan, I hear her!" Asmodeus shouts, "Let me the fuck in."

I glance at Asura and she shakes her head. I shout back, "Again go stick your dick up your own ass!"

Asura giggles and I smile at her. She looks differently at me, her gaze flooded with adoration. It's setting me on fire. My whole body is on fire under her gaze. I whisper, "Asura..."

She puts her fingers to her lips and I silence myself. I hear Asmodeus walk away. She meets my eyes and whispers, "Satan why am I so drawn to you?"

"I've been wondering the same thing," I say. My body instantly burns at the idea of her being drawn to me the same way I am to her. Her eyes meet mine and I can't keep the desire from flooding my gaze. She grabs my hand and whispers, "I can't keep doing this to him, Satan."

Ice bath. That's what that was. I turn away from her. My body numb to the world as she whispers, "Satan, whatever we feel for each other it can't be real. He's my mate. He's supposed to be my perfect match."

I hiss, "But he's not Asura. The mating bond is wrong. It's wrong!"

I glance at her and I can practically see her agreement thick in her eyes. I don't know what to say. Every word seems caught in my throat. She stands, her body limping. She whispers, "It feels so wrong to me too now, after meeting you. You seem like my other half."

Her lips brush mine as she stands on her tippy toes. I dip down and press my lips hard to hers. My lips ignite and I need more. She gasps when I nip her lip. My body is burning with need, deeper than any desire I've ever felt. She's setting my world on fire as I kiss her. My hands lift her up and her legs lock around my waist as I don't separate my lips from hers. I kiss her as if this is gonna be the last time it ever happens. My lips fall to her neck and she whimpers in pleasure. I kiss there, careful not to leave any marks. My body could be lava and I'm melting, molding to her. My body memorizes her every curve. I bring my lips to hers again. She arches into me and whispers, "God Satan, I need you. Fuck I need you."

A growl sounds deep in my throat as I set her in the bed, covering her body with my own. My body is burning up. Our lips touch softly, she whimpers. Her legs wrap around my waist pulling me against her heat. My brain, my body, my heart is fire and I can't think. I rotate my hips against her. She moans and I kiss her. Her mouth working fast against mine. I'm carefully to avoid her wrists as I kiss her arm she whispers, her voice breathy, "Satan."

I meet her eyes and blatant desire burns through. I lean in-

Buzz. Buzz. My phone vibrates with a call. I glance at the screen to see Belphegor's name on my screen. I cuss low and pick up the phone, "What do you want Belphegor? I'm busy."