Chapter 15

Asmodeus's PoV.

When I wake up, I stand and throw on some clothes. When I open the door, Abigor and Akela bark at me. I let Akela into the room and disappear down the hall to go talk to Leviathan. She is in the battle ring setting up for the tournament starting tomorrow. She sees me and pauses her ordering. She runs up and says, "About yesterday-"

I hold up my finger to pause her. I say, "Forget about it. I shouldn't have done it. I'm here to talk to you about the fights. Who else's name is in here?"

"Well there's not many who wanted to challenge you because you're already the Heir," She pauses, "I put my name in to encourage matches. Most are lesser demons. Your biggest threats are Dracke, Magoth, Orice and Death. The demons could use the violence. Satan came to put his name in, but stopped short."

"Why?" I tilt my head. Satan has always wanted the throne; the fact that he didn't put his name in is shocking. Something is going on with Satan.

"He muttered something about Mary and Asura," She shrugs, "Then stared at Lucifer's throne before turning away."

I growl at my mate's name in his mouth. Something is definitely going on between them and I don't like it. It's as if there's something between them. Something that I don't know and don't have. I've seen Satan's eyes drawn to her more than once. Leviathan says, "D, why are you envious?"

"What happened between Satan and Asura when I wasn't here," I ask, ignoring her.

"Nothing," Leviathan states, "Satan avoided her. Only a few times have I ever seen him around her."

I spin quickly and launch myself into the air. I head straight to the training room. Landing outside of the room, I hear heavy music pouring through the door. I walk into to see him locked in battle with Mammon. He moves quickly on his feet when he's fighting, but something is already different. He's fighting with less anger and more brain than normal. Mammon swings a deadly blow and Satan flips in the air, avoiding it. He smirks, landing in a crouch, and swings his leg out, taking Mammon's legs. Mammon falls and Satan stands faster than he ever has and puts his sword at Mammon's throat, a smirk staining his lips. He's too cocky, always has been. Mammon submits and I see him say something to Satan and Satan looks up at me, finally sensing me. I stalk closer and hear Mammon finish his sentence with, "-when you fuck them."

I narrow my eyes and Satan says, "As, want a round?"

"No," I say, my voice deathly cold.

"Then you're looking for me," He states with a nod. Mammon stands and walks out of the room. My jaw clenches as I ask, "What is going on with you and Mary?"

Satan's whole body freezes. After a second, he continues putting on his shirt and says, "Nothing."

"Liar," I hiss, "You're looking at my mate like something is. You fucked what's mine like you've moved on."

"I did not lie," Satan growls, his red eyes flash a warning and his power pours out from behind him.

"Yes you did," I whisper. His power lunges at me and I barely have time to bring mine up to block it. I focus and see his soul flickering differently. His red soul has a white edge to it now. I reach out to it and it bites me hard. I pull away from it as I can feel anger seeping into me in a deadly way. Satan snarls, "Stay away from my soul, Asmodeus. Touch it and I'll make sure I end you."

I can barely contain my anger as I say, "Why are you so interested in Asura?"

He blinks, stunned I directly asked. He says again, "Nothing."

"You went from trying to kill her to fucking her," I shrug, "So stop lying."

His jaw clenches as he hisses, "If you think something's going on why don't you ask her? I've answered enough of your questions."