Chapter 12

Asmodeus's PoV

I wake up in bed. I sit up and Mary says, "Slowly Asmodel. I healed you alot, but not completely yet."

I look down at my body to see scars, lacing once clear, flawless skin. I mutter, "So much for the whole walking sex thing."

"I heard chicks dig scars," Mary laughs.

"Why are you here?"

"A thank you would suffice," Marys says, her laughter dropping into coolness.

"That's not what I meant," I reply, "God fled to his hideout, calling everyone with him."
"God does not have the same control over me as he does with angels," She replies, "Besides my role as healer is to heal angels that are hurt. That just happens to be the category you fall under."

I swing my feet over the bed only feeling a slight ache instead of the fiery pain my body had endured. I breathe a deep breath and spread my wings, flaring them without feeling anything. I stand and leave the room. I grab a book and go to find somewhere with a chair to read in. I head to the throne room. My gaze immediately finds the empty throne. I take a step forward, but Rose launches herself at me. I sweep her into my arms, burying my face into the crook of her neck. I whisper, "Oh Thorns, how I've missed you."

She hugs me for what feels like an eternity before pulling away and saying, "If you ever, ever get injured again. I will kill you."

I laugh and say, "Yeah, I'll have to work on that."

She continues, "The amount of days and nights that Lucifer could barely walk from pain was awful. Knowing that it was you, but being unable to do anything at that moment. It sucked."

I don't reply and send a brush of affection down the bond, which is now stronger because of her nearness. She smiles.

"Asura we have a situation in the commons," a lower demon runs up.

"Oh for fucks sake," Rose curses, "Can no one around her keep a solid head for two minutes while I speak to my fucking mate?!"

I laugh as I let her go to deal with whatever situation is at hand. She disappears and my gaze once again sets on the porcelain throne. I walk up to and sink casually into the throne. My feet go over the arm rests and lean my back against the other as I open my book.

Lucifer's POV

I portal myself to Heaven once I'm done with my daily taskings of ruling Hell. Asura sent the all clear and I can feel Asmodeus's strength now returning to him. My eyes take in the place I once called home. The gold sun rays bursting through the clouds, shining with a light I've only seen in heaven. I breathe in deeply, the familiar smells seeping into my nose. I close my eyes and feel as I lift my protection blanket off. A weight seems to lift off me as I do. I smile and wonder if Asmodeus missed it here or if he still only finds comfort in the people he's around. I've missed him, but my guilt stops me from walking into the throne room where he is. I left him there that day. I wasn't fearsome and strong like Asura, who would've blazed in there and defied God and taken him home. I left him there knowing he would have to endure it. I grab the handle, hoping Asmodeus will forgive me.

I walk in and my eyes immediately find him. I stare and my jaw almost drops. He is lounging on God's throne as if it were nothing more than a recliner. His legs are thrown over the fancy armrest. He looks fucking good as ever. His hair falls messily into his eyes and the shirt he's wearing is riding up exposing his leaned muscles. He's lost a lot of muscle mass and it hurts to see him this way. I walk up and his head jerks up. He meets my eyes. The first words out of his mouth remind me why I love him, "Lucifer, don't blame yourself. There's nothing you could've done right then."