Chapter 13

Lucifer's POV

I stand on a hillside in purgatory. My vision casted up, looking at Heaven's clouds. The sun hits them making them gold. I can see glimpses of wings and glints of shining metal as angels prepare for battle. I cast my gaze down the hill behind me to see legions of demons, the ones who chose to fight for Asura and I. Winged demons fly in the air as they fight amongst themselves as all demons do. I look outward toward the battlefield. It's been many centuries since I've fought in a war. My armor is light and breathable. The metallic silver laced through with the violet of pride. There's a thud next to me and I glance to my right to see Asura. She nods, indicating that we are ready to fight. There will be no sign of Asmodeus until he makes his entrance during the battle I know. His mental preparation is nothing like I've seen, but I know better than to interrupt anymore.

"He'll be here right?" Asura asks nervously. She's been holding it together very well for a new devil about to enter the first war she's ever fought in against the people she used to consider her own.

I simply nod and adjust her armor straps a little.

"Thanks," She murmurs.

"Asura," I say, "You are strong enough. Do not be afraid to let them see who they created when they sent their Princess here."

She nods and I see the fire in her white eyes light. It flickers with defiance that I've only seen on one other face: Asmodeus. I smile softly at how similar they can be and say, "Prince of Darkness, it is time."

She nods and I draw my Japanese kamas. They are my weapon of choice. They were a gift from Asmodeus in our first battle together in Hell. The blue sapphire at the hilted end is a remembrance to his devil eyes. The all black metal is uniquely his too. I stare at the sickle-like blade and let out my darkness as I watch Angels dive down, greeting our prepared forces in a flurry of death and destruction. God is nowhere to be seen as the battle breaks out in a messy first wave. I stalk straight into the fray, not hesitating. My blades cutting and reaping the lives of many angels as I fight.

Asmodeus's POV

I watch as the battle breaks out from a cliff. I can see all seven devils with dead bodies scattered around them. Demons and angels fall equally as the sounds of battle strike the air. The sky darkens as the fight between heaven and hell ensues. Dark blue laced the golden skies. I close my eyes and resume my slow breathing. I reach down inside and let my dark coil up through me. I feel the darkness burning and simmering beneath my skin. My body strengthens with everything dark: wrath, pride, envy, gluttony, greed, sloth, and then finally lust. My body is fueled by evil, burning away the good that God forced on me. I let it consume me and then look at my skin. My darkened hands are back and I know my eyes are dark blazing blue and completely black instead of white. I once again close my eyes.

Fading the battle out, I zen and let my power grow. The darkness swirling and shifting as I guide my mind to a battle mindset. I hear screaming and start to smell smoke as the first wave burns out fast. I take another deep breath as I smirk. My mind is nothing, but dark violence. I stand and stretch my wings. They are back to my bat-like wings. I start an easy slow sword form at the top of the cliff. The cliffs where I met Asura for the first time. My heart belonged to her as soon as she glided down from heaven. My sword form carries me and my mind through the second wave of the battle.

As the screams seem to die out, I sheath my swords onto my hip. I stare at the battlefield and concentrate. I feel the angel's lifeforms pulse at me with Good. I smirk hard, knowing what I can do suddenly as it clicks. I use both hands to twist their life out and I watch as the rest of the second wave of the battle dies in a mist as I separate their Good souls from their bodies. I once again watch as the third wave starts. This wave is deadlier to our army and I can see the seven fighting hard for their lives. It's my time to join.