Chapter 4

Rose's POV

"What happened to you while you were down there?" Raziel asks, his tone gentle.

The Hellfire As wrapped around my wrist has left scorch marks. Raziel is currently tending to them. I'm covered in ash and dirt, even my wings. Hell is the only place that can make wings dirty, it's the only place evil enough to taint the pure. My clothes are ruined, dirty, torn. I don't even know when it happened, I just remember hearing the stories from Asmodeus. I could listen to him talk for days.

"Love?" Raziel captures my attention again.

"Hmm?" I offer.

"What happened to you?" He asks, "Your whole body is covered in bruises and cuts."

I glance down to see he is right. My body is bleeding and bruised.

"I don't remember," I lie, I know it's the physical effects of being in hell. It takes your body and then your soul. That's why everyone hates Hell. It drags you down and smothers you, but that's how God designed it. It's not the demons', nor the devils' fault. They were just sent there.

"I don't know why they would take you," Raziel whispers as he gently kisses my neck, "They could've taken anyone."

"I'm the princess," I state, not really giving him false information, but not giving him accurate information.

"Even then stranger things have happened," He whispers.

It feels wrong letting him love me, but I can't change that I can not love a demon. It is taboo, but even as I speak he comes to mind with his dark beautiful looks. Raziel senses the difference in my tenseness and he says, "I will leave you be. You've had a rough day. I understand your need to be alone."

"Thank you," I whisper. I head to the shower and slowly clean myself. My skin is painful to the touch. I'll never be able to handle Hell if it does this to me everytime.

"Rosalina?" Raziel asks through the door, "Are you okay? I've heard some whimpering and you've been in there for a while."

"Yes, I was just testing my wounds," I shout back to him, "They're already starting to heal."

"That's good. Are you okay?" Raziel replies.

"Yeah," I lie. I'm obviously not. I can hear his footsteps disappearing. I let out a sigh and get dressed. I walk out of the bathroom in simple pajamas and Raziel stares at me. His eyes burn with desire, but he simply says, "I can't wait until we're married."

I crawl into the bed and suddenly wish Asmodeus was here lying next to me. His skin against mine, his body warming me. Raziel falls asleep and I stare at the ceiling, wanting more from Raziel. Not more from Raziel if I'm honest with myself, I want Asmodeus.

Lucifer's Pov

I stare at my ceiling. My brain is working too fast. All I can seem to think about is how Asmodeus fled the dinner table and how Satan's eyes met mine. He knew I wanted to chase after him, but couldn't. Satan pretends to not notice anything, but he does. He is fast on his feet.

My heart hurts as I think about Asmodeus. How his blue eyes cut through me. They stare as if they see into my very core. They never judge me, but they destroy me in ways I've never felt for anyone. I wish he would stop hiding from his feelings for me and realize that I'm here. He never lets anyone in. Like he's frozen. I'm the one who ignites. I'm the one burning faster in this relationship. He never seems to understand how deeply I feel for him. We always fuck, talk, or cuddle and then he leaves me apologizing for coming to me again. It's been about 200 years since he's done any of it. I know that Rosalina is part of the reason.