Chapter 9

Lucifer's pov

"Lucifer!" Satan shouts, running up to me. I sigh. I love my twin, but he's always lingering around me, especially since I told him about Asmodeus. He never liked Asmodeus, he felt that he was using me. I used to feel that way too until I learned him. He hides who he is well, it allows no one to hurt him. He's always been vicious, quiet, calculated. It used to make me nervous of him taking my throne, not now. He's always been a protector and it's obvious he'd kill for Rose. He'd die for her.

"Lucifer," Satan draws me out of my head.

"Yes Satan?" I answer, glancing at him. His bright red eyes hold questions.

"He hasn't done anything stupid," I answer, "He's been great. He's just distracted."

"By his fucking ex." His eyes flash with anger.

I couldn't tell him Asmodeus has two mates because that would mean explaining things that Ashmedai should explain. I spin to him quickly, "Satan, I'll tell you if he hurts me I promised you that."

"Fine."

I see Rose down the hall and shout, "Hey Rose."

I jog up to her. She grins at me and says, "Hey Lucie."

I grin at her nickname for me. We've all agreed that on certain days we get Ashmedai. Tonight's my night and I'm excited. She's really cool, I feel bad I couldn't see past my own emotions to try to understand why Ashemdai loved her.

"So got any plans for your night," She asks as we head to the torture rooms. She's a demon and she understands the role it takes, but it's taking her some adjustments. Her being in the torture room is one of them. She has a hard time with it. Even if God did decide that we should do this for those who stray from His command.

"Nah not really," I answer honestly. Her and Ashmedai's bond is stronger than his and mine for some reason. They both are horny fucks for each other though. I feel it through my bond to him most nights. It's not all they do, but they definitely like fucking.

"How was your session last night?" I ask, last night the bond was different than most of their passions. Ashmedai didn't close me off, but I didn't feel all his emotions.

"He used his sin on me," She answers, "I wanted him too. I wanted to feel it."

"It's thrilling isn't it," I grin. That explains the weird bond. He was using his sin, blocking his Good harder than normal.

"Yeah it's a lot," she says blushing, "He's a lot."

"Tell me about it," I answer with a short laugh. Ashmedai has always had his size. The other demons like to think it's because of his sin, but I knew him close in heaven. Well hung was always his specialty.

"How did the power enhance it?" I ask, curious. The three of us have been very open with each other since that first night on the balcony. Ashmedai has made it clear he wants it no other way. We never share memories deciding it's too personal.

"I wouldn't say it enhanced it honestly," she replies, "It just kinda made us like a mortal couple who don't even know each other and are hooking up, but somehow couldn't get enough of each other."

I laugh at her very accurate description. We've arrived in the Torture room. I say, "This is where I depart. I've got a few things to attend to."

"Good luck," She smiles, "See you at dinner."

I sit looking at the prophecy I think is about Ashmedai. I can't bring myself to share it with him. He hasn't pressed me for it if he knows I have it. He's been working on accepting the Dark One in him. This prophecy weighs on me deeply. I sigh and slide it into my locked drawer. I go through my paperwork and then head to the human world. I wander through almost as if in a trance as I make people prideful. I've always hated this part of my job, my good side recoils with every sin I make. My mind wanders and I return to Hell.