#45

As Javon answers the door, I walk quickly up the the stairs. I hope this doesn't ruin anything. I knock on the door, for the first time ever. "It's Nova." I say.

He opens the door, and he's has pink tulips in one hand. The other opening the door. "Let me explain!" I say before he could even speak , as I'm rushing over to his bed and sitting down. He sits down beside me.

I didn't realize how dressed up he looked? We're we going out?

"I have reservations." He said looking at me. Reservations?
"I texted you to get ready, but surely whatever you were doing was more important than looking at my messages." He says, slapping his hands on his thigh as he then looks away.

"I was with Julian." I say, my voice is low. This isn't a good look but I should explain myself before he starts overthinking.
He huffs. "That was enough for me to hear, you can leave now." He says, as he's now standing up and looking down at me. "No Jaden, you didn't let me explain. And we have to learn from the past and actually talk this through." I say, referring to all the times in the past where we didn't talk at all. "I don't need for you to explain, I knew you liked Julian all these years." He says, talking with his hands.
"Jaden no I haven't, don't say that." I say, standing up now as well.

"Im not stupid, you never liked me and it was all about
Julian." He says. "Well I didn't like you back then because you were a total jerk, but that doesn't mean I liked Julian. Julian has always been just a friend, now please let me explain." I say as I'm now begging for him to listen to me. It's silent for a second as he thinks about it. And he caves in sitting back down on the bed. "Alright, talk before I get impatient." He says, patting the spot down next to him.

"He asked me to meet him after school, so he can answer all the questions that I had. I didn't want to, I was still so mad at him. But I knew I deserved those answers so I caved. He explained everything after we had an argument and .. he." I say, lowering my voice at the end. "He came over, and we caught up for a little and I checked the time and realized I was late and that's when I rushed over here. I didn't see the message and I'm so sorry." I say, feeling all sorts of ashamed.

"It's okay." He says, like he's trying to accept the fact. "And your right, talking this out is better. And I know you aren't lying to me." He says.

Yeah, because I'm a hot and cold type liar, I can either be really good at lying. Or really bad at lying.

I smile, as relief washes over me for the 1 millionth time today. "Maybe, we can just have a picnic when the sun starts to set." I say. "That sounds nice, and I know exactly what spot your talking about." He says.

They headed to the grocery store, where Jaden got noticed twice which it's rare for him to get noticed outside of school. Nova changed into some clothes from Jayla cause she felt like changing and her clothes were soaked with sweat as she sweats easily. Novas not really a fan of dresses but she would've worn one for Jaden if they gone out. But she just wasn't feeling like it, and the only thing that would fit Nova out of Jaylas closet was a t shirt and sweats considering Novas like 5'3. Even the sweats were long on her. She stole Jaylas crocs and they were out, and now they just made it to the spot. We're the sunset is very visible and they have snacks as they sit on the blanket that's on the grass.

"Don't think I forgot the tulips, atleast I thinks that what they are." Jaden says, as he pulls the tulips out of the food bag.
"Yes those are tulips, and I saw you put them in there." I say, smile approaching. "Dang it! Nothings going my way." He exclaims. I take the tulips and place they beside me.
"It's okay, jaden. That doesn't make me appreciate them less. And nothings going your way? I'm wearing sweats!" I exclaim , as Jaden snickers.

"But it really doesn't matter, cause Im with you. And all this is enough." I say, getting a bit corny, but not ashamed at all.

Jaden smiles and nods in agreement, as he pulls out jalapeño chips. He opens them, and immediately starts smacking on them. I raise my hand up to his jaw and closing it.
"Chew with your mouth close, it is not your last meal." I laugh. "You don't know that." He says, laughing back.  He's right. "Your right." I smile, as the sun is almost set. "That's why I gotta ask you this." He says now, sitting completely up and he puts the chips to the side. "Ask me what?" I ask, my head tilted.

"Can I be your boyfriend?"

898 words

A/N

hehehe cliffhanger

They are so cute and goals!!

Team Jaden>>

vote and comment if you liked it.

<33