Chapter 8

Bunny had been hearing the same melody in her head for the third day in a row, and she just couldn't get rid of it. She hummed it all the way from home to the Crown Café. Mamoru would be busy for the next few days, as he had to cover for his colleagues. Bunny thought this news would affect her more, but when she listened deep inside, she felt relieved not to see him for a few days.

When she arrived at the Crown, Minako was just coming along too. "Oh, Bunny, I was starting to think I'd be the last one," Minako greeted her friend with a laugh. They both headed to their usual table, where Makoto and Rei were already sitting with large milkshakes.

"Hey, where's Amy? She's usually the first one here," Bunny asked the group.

"We were wondering the same thing. She'll probably be here any moment," Rei replied, and as soon as she said that, Amy entered the Crown.

Amy still had a radiant smile on her face, even though many thoughts were running through her mind. Her friends noticed her dreamy gaze as she joined them. Minako scooted closer to her.

"You're glowing. Did something happen?" Minako inquired directly, sensing some news. Amy blushed instantly. "I don't know what you mean," Amy said hesitantly and uncertainly. But now Bunny and Makoto were also curious and leaned over the table. "You've met someone," Makoto teasingly deduced.

"When?" Bunny asked, wide-eyed.

Amy was caught in a trap. She knew her friends would keep digging until she revealed everything. Yet, there wasn't much to tell.

Amy sighed heavily. "I met someone this morning at the lecture I attended," she said after a brief pause.

Her friends' eyes widened in astonishment. Amy had never talked about boys before; it was always about courses, books, and academic topics.

"Tell us everything! What does he look like? What did you talk about? Are you going to see each other again?" Minako bombarded her with more questions. Amy felt uncomfortable with all the attention and looked down at the table, unable to make eye contact. If she looked up while talking, her voice would break, she was sure of it.

"His name is Taiki, and he sat right next to me. During the break, he brought me something to drink, and then we talked about the lecture so far... We... we are meeting again tomorrow."

All eyes were on Amy, and her unease grew. Only Rei didn't press her with further questions; her gaze held empathy.

"Amy, what are you going to wear?" Makoto asked. At this question, Amy looked down at her own clothes. "Well, this," she replied.

"That's out of the question! You need something proper!" Minako exclaimed.

"Why don't we all go shopping together! I could use some new stuff too," Bunny suggested.

Meanwhile, Taiki sat on the sofa, hands folded behind his neck, his forehead creased as he tried to understand what had happened to the girls. They had only been gone for four weeks, and now Amy treated him like a stranger. Minako did the same to Yaten. This couldn't be a coincidence.

Yaten and Seiya came out of the rehearsal room, laughing. For the first time in ages, Seiya looked carefree; he could lose himself in the music, and it was the outlet he had been searching for and hadn't found.

"Oh, did your date go that badly?" Yaten asked Taiki when he saw his expression.

"What date?" Seiya wanted to know.

Taiki absentmindedly shook his head. "No, we're meeting tomorrow." Seiya kept looking from one brother to the other, puzzled.

"Taiki had a meeting with Amy today at a lecture in the library," Yaten filled him in. He was glad to see his brother much better now.