Chapter 20

Bunny crouched on her bed. Yaten had accompanied her to the front door, and she skillfully sneaked past her parents. She didn't want to deal with their curious questions. At least, her tears had finally subsided. What had happened here?

At the beginning of the evening, Bunny had been so happy; she finally had some quality time with Mamoru. They even made love, and the memory of it still filled her with a sense of elation. They had been at the ball, dancing together like a princess with her prince, and then? Until that moment, everything had been perfect.

Seiya had just held her in his arms, so why did the usually calm and peaceful Mamoru suddenly become so aggressive? Then she thought about what Seiya had said. He loved her.

There was a knock on her door, and Minako poked her head in. She sat on the edge of the bed and pulled Bunny into her arms. She said nothing, just stroked her head gently and was there for her.

"Do you want to talk?" Minako asked when she noticed Bunny gradually calming down.

Bunny pulled away from her embrace and looked at her friend with swollen eyes. She didn't even know where to start; so much had happened. A deep sob escaped her. "I slept with him."

Minako's eyes widened in astonishment. "With whom? With Seiya?!"

"No, with Mamoru."

Minako's expression brightened slightly. "And how was it?"

"It was beautiful, but afterward... at the ball... I don't know what happened to him. Seiya was just holding me in his arms, and Mamoru suddenly punched him. He broke Seiya's nose." Bunny paused briefly. "And then Seiya told him that he loves me."

"Wait a moment. I'm not following here. Why was Seiya at the ball? I thought it was only for doctors and wealthy people."

"He and his brothers were the live band that performed."

"Ah, I see. So that was the engagement Yaten mentioned. And why was he holding you in his arms now? I thought you wanted to avoid him."

"I am trying, really. It's like we are two magnets constantly drawn to each other. I was just outside for a moment, and then he was in front of me again." When she thought of Seiya's bloodied face, the tears returned.

Minako put her arm around Bunny again. "What do you want to do now?"

"If I only knew. I love Mamoru; I can't imagine a life without him, but Seiya is like the air I need to breathe."

Minako soothingly stroked her back. "How about not seeing either of them until you figure out what you really want? From Monday, school starts again, and Mamoru will understand if you focus more on studying. After all, it's our final year, and honestly, our grades are awful."

Bunny looked up at her, finding Minako's suggestion reasonable. She needed to know her own heart before making any decisions. Even though it wouldn't be easy.

"I'm afraid you're right. Can you stay here tonight?" Minako nodded in response.

The next morning, everything felt like a bad dream to Bunny. The fact that Minako was lying next to her in bed was proof that it had actually happened. Minako blinked sleepily at her. "Why are you up so early?" she mumbled and sat up.

"I couldn't sleep anymore. Do you know where Seiya lives? I need to know how he's doing."

Minako took her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. "No, but I have Yaten's phone number. If you want, I can call him."

Bunny smiled weakly at her. "Thank you, that would be kind of you. I'd like to talk to him sometime this morning. Mamoru has an early shift, so I'll visit him tonight."