Chapter 24

After the sports festival, Bunny wandered aimlessly through the city for hours because she didn't want to face her mother's interrogation at home. All her friends were still at school, attending the sports festival. When the official school closing time arrived, she finally rushed back home, desperate to take a shower and wash away the sweat from the day and erase its traces. The warm water drops had a soothing effect on her as she slowly slid to the floor of the shower, letting the water cascade over her. Mamoru. Seiya. Both had a significant place in her life, of that she was sure, but they were so different. Reflectively, Bunny retreated to her room, wanting to be alone with her thoughts. She knew she had to make a decision between the two of them soon, but it seemed almost impossible for her.

Mamoru paced nervously in his apartment. Celeste should be arriving any moment now. It had been a long time since he last saw her, but he knew he could rely on her whenever he needed help. They were almost like siblings back in the orphanage, and she was, in fact, his secret sister, unknown to anyone. The last time he saw her was over a year ago, and he was a bit excited to see her again. Finally, the doorbell rang, and Mamoru eagerly opened it. Standing before him was a young redhead, dressed in tight black latex clothes that accentuated her feminine curves. Mamoru couldn't help but grin; she had always had a penchant for eye-catching attire.

"Celeste, it's great that you found your way here," he said.

Celeste looked him up and down and grinned back. "Still the same old stiff as back then," she laughed and planted a kiss on his cheek. She marched past him as if it were natural and flopped down on his sofa. "So, my dear, tell me what's bothering you."

Mamoru sat down opposite her. "I need to get rid of someone," he muttered quietly.

Curiously, Celeste raised an eyebrow, crossed her legs, and waited for further explanation.

"As you know, I've had a girlfriend for many years."

"Yes, that blonde bunny... I remember," she interrupted him.

Mamoru rolled his eyes. "Yes, Bunny... Now, there's this guy..."

Celeste stood up and laughed. "You called me here to eliminate your competitor? Mamo, can't you handle it yourself?"

"Hippocratic oath and all... I can't risk my license, I already gave him a beating," he murmured.

Celeste burst into hearty laughter. "And he's still standing? I remember the old days well."

Mamoru grimaced at the thought of what she called the "old days." Times he was never proud of and didn't want anyone to know about.

Celeste stood behind him and started massaging his shoulders.

"How do you want my help?" she asked.

"I'm open to suggestions. You're unbeatable when it comes to scheming intrigues and other plans," he grinned at her.

Slowly, she ran her hands down his upper arms and rested her head on his shoulder. "And I've gotten even better over time," she whispered in his ear. "Just tell me how far I should go. Do you want him out of your lives or completely gone?"

Mamoru exhaled. "I'm a doctor; I won't ask you to commit murder. For now, it would be enough if you can make him leave us alone. Otherwise, I'd settle for him being out of Tokyo with no return ticket."

"Relax, Mamo. I'll figure something out. So, who's the guy who's shattering your perfect world?"

"The singer of that band - Three Lights. The dark-haired one, Seiya."

"You can get jealous, how cute. I'll have Angel take a look at him first, and then we'll see," she said.

"Angel? You're still working with her?" Mamoru asked, slightly confused.

"Of course, I run a big company, and Angel has been my right hand since you left me."

"I didn't leave you; I just started my studies. You knew from the beginning what my goals were."

Celeste provocatively sat on his lap and stroked his chin. She knew exactly how to play her charms.

"But you did leave me, and if you weren't like a brother to me, you would have faced the consequences long ago," she whispered sweetly in his ear.

Mamoru pushed her off his lap and stood up. "Enough of that! Will you help me or not?" Celeste rolled her eyes annoyed. She loved playing games and hated that Mamoru always cut her off. "Yes, I already said I would. Angel will check him out, and I'll come by at the end of the week. But in return, you owe me some free treatments for my team."

"If that's all, fine with me."

Outside, it was already dark when Bunny heard something hitting her window. Curiously, she peered outside. Seiya. He stood below and threw small pebbles against her window like in the movies. Bunny's heart skipped a beat; she didn't know what to do now. Why was he here? Once again, she lifted her head and looked down at him. Had he already noticed her? A pleasant excitement surged through her; if she wanted to know what he had to say, she had no choice but to go outside and talk to him. She tiptoed down the stairs.

"Bunny? Where are you going at this hour? It's already dark outside, and you have school tomorrow," her mother's voice echoed from the kitchen. Damn, caught.

"Uh, I just need to talk to a friend real quick. I'll be back soon," she said and quickly put on her shoes and jacket. When she opened the front door, she saw Seiya had just turned to leave. "Wait!" she called and ran up to him.