Delusion

Now that you wounded the Harbinger you questioned what to do. Staying here would be self sabotage including a possible execution.

You kneeled down searching in the pockets of Childe's clothing for something useful. Sadly the only stuff he had with himself was a small bag with mora and a dagger.

The hilt of the dagger was made out of wood with small red stones in it. It could be worth something..

Your attention caught a small lightly glowing item. It was the same item you saw at the delusion factory.

Within seconds you grabbed it, if he survived using it you would as well survive.

You had no home, no friends no secure place to go and for an unknown reason this fact gave you an extra kick. You'd always have the opportunity to die, however to try and fool the Fatui just because you had enough wasn't granted every day.

The last thing you grabbed was his fur coat. Only the archons knew how cold it would get here. The nights are extremely tough.

After some hours from the point you left the caste, the new finally started to spread among the Harbingers that someone murdered Childe.  You already were hiding in the ice forest of Snezhnaya looking for a shelter to continue planing your revenge.

I still need to tell you about one incident that happened when you tried to leave...

"Who are you-" a Fatui agent stepped out of room located next to the sofa.

You were standing there with your hands covered in blood, the dagger in one hand, the delusion in the other wearing the beautiful white fur coat with blood stanes on it.

Without hesitation you started running towards the agent holding the blade ready to pierce through her heart.

It didn't matter who your opponent was, as long as they were part of the Fatui you wanted it get rid of them, to delete every possible member's existence.

Even if they could be victims of the Fatui.

She had no interest in participating in your bloody rage so she simply drew her sword. She had advantages with her blade being longer than yours. However, what both of you didn't know was your delusion that got triggered smelling your bloodlust.

Her blade met yours as you simply blocked her attack releasing a thunder stroke that hit her.

Foam started leaking through her mouth and her eyes rolled back as she dropped lifeless and shaking to the ground.

"Ha, pathetic." You wrinkled your nose grabbing her sword with your 'wounded' arm.

No pain. Nothing...

You stared confused at your arm. No visible damage..

You looked at the delusion. Did this thing heal your broken arm? No... this can't be, with your own eyes you saw how people died immediately at the delusion factory using it in combat.

What if?

Obtaining godlike powers was always the only thing you wanted, but at what cost?

That evening all Harbingers had a gathering. Discussing what happened during this day, two corpses in the castle?! Unbelievable.

"How carelessly to allow strangers to enter the castle, what do you men think, how should we find the criminal?" Arlecchino spoke up.

Secretly everyone was happy that Childe passed away due to his injuries. Especially Arlecchino.

"Indeed.. but now I can use his corps in my experiments. His body was so strong that it was able to resist the delusion and abyss."

"That's not even the topic you-" Arlecchino was interrupted by Pantalone.

"So we don't know who the perpetrator is but how can we be sure that it wasn't someone in our organization?"

"We used a special potion on our soldiers. If we had a traitor the person would be found already." Dottore's voice screamed satisfaction. He was proud.

"And what if it was one of us?" Pantalone insisted on his theory. "For example.. Scaramouche."

Everyone's eyes darted at Scaramouche who was quiet the whole time.

He clicked his tongue. "I was out of town, Dottore can prove it."

Dottore slowly shook his head as an answer. Pantalone was visibly disappointed as he was hoping to dodge the fault on The Balladeer.

"Then I have a stranger in mind who acts pretty suspicious." Pantalone stopped his sentence to stare over at Scaramouche.

"Your little doll, speaking of her.. where is she? This seems pretty suspicious to me ladies and gentlemen."

"Speaking of her, she was the last one who was with Childe before he was stabbed." Dottore rubbed his hands. "A guard at the conservatory claimed so."

A vicious smile appeared on Pantalone's face. Now he was in charge of the situation, this was his vengeance on you for rejecting him.

Finally Pierro took part in that conversation. He listend carefully to every possible situation to give out correct orders.

"I order you to execute her, it is all your fault- Scaramouche. Even if she is innocent, it seems that she knows quite a lot about us."

Pantalone clapped his hands. "Wonderful, so brilliant."

The whole time Scaramouche seemed unbothered. "As you wish Pierro."

Note:

Another one, decided to finally finish this fic after 1,5 years <3