Mindgame

The girls brought you back to the room with the other servants.

"Look at her she made our day." Alisa clapped her hands.

"Please tell us the story of how he will react when you serve the food..." a male servant said.

You were not interested in such things as bald conversation with stupid people but for the sake of your plan you would have to lose unnecessary words.

As a response to the guys request you simply nodded.

"We will help you get the meal." Some servants gathered around you pushing you out of the door. You floated with them as they did not stop laughing and pushing you.

The kitchen was huge. Five cooks and 10 helpers were preparing one meal.. all these people to create a breakfast menu and a cup of Yasmin Tea.

Your favorite dish was among those dishes. Douhua, you devoured it back in Liyue, especially when it was prepared sweet. You saw the cooks place Baozi and jiang bing on the silver trail among with dumplings, grilled tiger fish and three golden crabs.

You wondered if this was prepared for one person or a small gathering.

"Out! Out! Why are you all standing inside the kitchen. We don't need hair decorating Master Pantalone's food." A cook waved you all away angrily. "Just one servant is supposed to get the trolley."

Intimidated the servants left, forcing you to stand alone in the door frame of the kitchen. The true nature of people. They run away as soon as it gets serious. Such servants are the kind of people to snitch you if something happened. Or for the sake of a favor.

"So this is the food for today."

You stared at the dishes wondering if you would get any leftovers.

"You seem new." The cook suddenly addressed you. "You have to go through the teleport-thing in the corner to reach the main building. It's a waste of energy and time walking on your own two legs. Besides, the food would get cold."

You just nodded as always grabbing the trolley and pushing it towards the teleporter. Just some steps away from a potential dead end.

You still were dedicated to follow your plan from before.

It took you milliseconds to appear on the other side. You noticed Fatui agents inside the hallway. You lowered your head to not draw any unexpected attention.

Then it suddenly hit you, how would you even know what room it was that you had to deliver the food to..

This situation required you to ask a random agent standing around.

You pushed the trolley to the closest agent "Sir do you know where Master Pantalone's room is?"

The agent gave you an annoyed glance but pointed at the end of the corridor. You nodded walking away.

There was a long velvet carpet on the floor and some weird planets aside the doors. It gave the vibe of a hotel corridor with endless brown wooden doors.

It did not take you long to reach the destination but it took you some minutes to knock on his door.

A familiar voice from the other side shouted to enter carefully.

"You are late." Pantalone was sitting without his uniform on top of a king sized bed with a golden frame. He was wearing simple clothes. A tight black shirt and black trousers.

You did not expect the Harbinger to look like this.

"Won't happen again." You mumbled

A sigh left his lips. "Stupid girl."

You tried your best to avoid eye contact, however, this was not what you got in return. Pantalone stood up, walked over to you while you were holding the trolley with both hands. He lifted your chin with his index finger.

A laughter left his lips.

"Do my eyes deceive me?! Are you in any case suicidal?" He pulled out a knife. "Did you think I would not recognize you?"

Your eyes pierced into his. Did you simply fuck up and were about to face your end without fulfilling your only goal?

"I come to serve you sir." You replied before he was able to lift his blade.

You notice his facial expression shifted to a rather confused one.

"Only a fool would think that the Fatui couldn't find out the murderer behind the case. Did you poison this food as well?"
He was quite talkative, did this indicated a chance that you could convince him to leave you alone? Even the slightest and tiniest chance was a reason to try your best.

"I might be a fool for showing up but Childe was weak all this time.."

Pantalone drew his hand with the knife away smirking amused. "He is, more like.. he was. Ranked 11th out of 10... I mean 9 was really bizarre."

"You would never be as weak as Tartaglia sir. Does the fatui really influences how you should treat a woman?"

It worked, Pantalone stepped right into your manipulation.

"As it the Fatui has any sayings, I am the one funding them. I do as I please." The words rolled over his tongue.

"The idea of you being a servant is quite entertaining- as I am much stronger than my colleague, you can not harm me a tiny bit." The pride and persuasion in his voice was disgusting.

"But I'm not dumb." He grabbed a silver fork and pricked a dumpling on it waving it next to your face. "Try it, I need someone to taste my food for poison."

You looked at the dumpling then at Pantalone who now was pressing the dumpling against your closed mouth. At least you knew that you did not poison the food. However, what about the cooks who prepared it?

It was a win or lose situation that you couldn't refuse. If you said no, he would accuse you of poisoning the food. So if you ate it you either would die or prove your innocence.

You finally opened your lips and let him shove the dumpling gently into your mouth.

"Good." Pantalone smirked. "Now swallow it!"

After chewing the dumpling you swallow it facing his amused expression.

"What now." You asked him after some minutes.

Pantalone pulled his hand away completely. Looking down at the trolley with food. "Now do your duty and bring me new food servant." He laughed enjoying himself. Oh how he wanted to show this situation to Scaramouche simply to piss him off. Sadly he knew that doing this would cost him his amusement.

Notes:

Even if this was short and rushed it's out. DW Scaramouche will appear soon.

I was trapped between University and drawing, I'm sorry guys