Delusions

Scaramouche lowered his chest placing his hand on your cheek. Your eyes filled with hate entertained him as much as beating others up.

„Your rest was long enough. Lets get out of here."

Warmth from his hand spread like a disease over your body. He ripped of your bandages to look at your wounds.

"Hah you look like a new doll now... like a clean canvas ready to be colored red."

You set up not understanding what is going on. For whatever reason he had healed you... it wasn't for a good purpose and you knew it.

"Don't be afraid I won't hurt you, at least not now."

Didn't Childe said the same words ones? Otherwise you loosing your mind here...

You quickly put on the dirty shirt and left the tent..

While following the Harbinger you saw a person standing next to the entrance of the delusion factory.

You looked closely and realized it was Childe... next to him someone was lying on the ground. The person had white hair and very old skin.

Childe was holding a small item in his hand which was covered in blood. He turned around and waved to Scaramouche signalizing that he should come over.

No matter if he would wave or not.. you would end up next to him.

"How fast did "it" died this time?" Scaramouche asked.

Before replying Childe looked over to you.. he seemed confused. "Ehm, the pyro delusion was medium strong but it drained the energy out of subject sixteen way to fast. It survived not longer than seven minutes.."

"So the delusions power is to strong. Lets reduce the power of it and try out again. We need to manage that the subjects will survive at least two uses of the delusion and don't die after seven minutes." Scaramouches words sounded like an order to Childe.

He quickly opened the huge door to the delusion factory and disappeared in it.

Two masked men came over and took the apparently dead body with them. One of the men threw the body into a cave next to the camp while the other one set it on fire.

You wanted to act shocked but honestly... this didn't shock you anymore... c'mon it's the Fatui.

The Fatui won't be the Fatui without murder.. like a cat won't be a cat without "nine life's". (Nonsense)

You whitnised a weird jingle coming from the Harbinger. A couple of bells attached to his hat caused the noises. It was the first time you payed a closer look to his appearance...

"What are you staring at?" His nose twitched.

"Nothing.." You replied.

"Do you want to try a delusion?" He laughed.

Mhhh dying in seven minutes. Something about this sounded so interesting. A bright smirked adorned your face.

"Say less."

"Hah you indeed crazy. Where is the fun in giving you what you want?"

First of all his words didn't make sense at all.. wasn't he the person who offered you to try a delusion... second of all.. he wasn't the right one to call someone crazy...

The huge door opened and Childe stepped out followed by a short woman with a "vision like item" in her hands.

You didn't knew what a delusion was and never saw one before but you quickly realized that it's the "vision like thing" in her hands.

"Win against Tartaglia and you will be free.." the woman stared at the small item in her hands.

"What are you afraid off? You have "elemental" power in your hands. If I'm not wrong it's a cryo one.. perfect against his hydro vision don't you think?" Scaramouche looked at the women who got even more scared after seeing him with you who he had beaten up three days ago.

She exactly knew that she had zero chances against the young harbinger. It won't even matter if he used his vision or not. One heavy hit and she lost.. but what else could she do than accepting her fate in this life.

But there was a thing she didn't knew.. no matter if Childe would fight serious or literally just dodge her attacks she wouldn't win...

You watched them fight for ten minutes. The woman spit out blood several times but that wasn't the strange thing.. you saw her getting older in minutes. It seemed like someone had control over the time.

This was so silly that you looked at your hands checking if they got older or not.

"What are you doing there? It's not like you have the delusion in your hands."

Scaramouche was right but you still wanted to check.. who knows if it would apply to you as well.

"Twelve minutes this time. If we continue reducing the power to let the subject survive longer it won't be lucrative." Childe whipped blood of his hands and looked over to Scaramouche.

"I noticed. We will see what we could do about this later, Tartaglia." Scaramouche replied.

After a minute of silence Childe spoke up.

"[y/n] why are you here?"

Is this Ginger serious? It's not like he have brought you here from Liyue... reuniting with your family looked very tempting right now.

"She is my company. Anything wrong with it?" Scaramouches cold look met Childes nervous face expression.

He scratched his head twitching his shoulders. "Not really, I was just surprised that she is with you."

He knew Scaramouche and his cruelty towards everyone as well.

Childe did expect you among the people but after you disappeared he couldn't find you. His plan was getting you out of the delusion factory and taking you somewhere else. But this plan was shattered as soon as he saw you with the Harbinger.

"Don't piss me off, your presence is annoying enough." Scaramouche rolled his eyes. "Be usefull and report everything back to Dottore."

"See you [y/n]." Childe waved you and left.

"I have business to attempt in the city of Inazuma and.. you know.. I can't leave you alone so you will come with me."

Scaramouche pointed at your dirty not longer white shirt.

"Change that dirty shit. What do you think I'll look like next to you."

Oh how you wanted to change your clothes.. but it was bold of him to assume that you had something to change with you. (Maybe he is bold under his hat-)

"I don't have anything else with me."

He rolled his eyes grabbing your arm to pull you somewhere.

"I will give you one of my kimonos..
at least then you will be worth a look."