Life

"Surprise, surprise." He giggled. "Never expected this herb tea to work that well." His laugh faded

That weird warm mixture...

"Where is your cheeky face expression, what about the smile you gifted me seconds ago, hm?"

You raised your eyebrow confused. Your heart was skipping beats... you felt hot even if you were surrounded by cold.

The snow was crunching under the weight of your bodies, your breath was interrupting the silence of the darkness. Not even a single animal dared to cause a noise.

"Why did you do this to me?" You whispered.

"Do what?" He paused. "I am just a charming and kind guy. I think I mentioned this once-, silly girl you forgot?"

Your face turned red.

Anger.

"All the pain you caused me, all the misery you brought over people. And yet you dare to call yourself kind." You ripped yourself out of his embrace".

"You? Kind?... You should be ashamed, saying such nonsense. You are a cold-hearted existence. Nothing more."

He was quiet the whole time, listening to the show you put on.

"Do you even have a heart?"

A hard slap met your face.

It reminded you of the first time you saw him in Inasuma.

"Oi c'mon do it again, not that it really bothers me anymore."

It was a lie... the pain ate you alive. It was hard to keep the same expression without bursting into tears.

Did you manage to keep this attitude up?

No, definitely not...

This time he took all his strength and slapped you across your face. The familiar taste of iron and those 'long gone' salty tears appeared.

"Good, pain still bothers you." Not a single emotion in his voice.

"I like to see you suffer, pain is such a great feeling. It fits humans. Weak and pathetic creatures."

Why was he talking like that.. as if he wasn't one of them, just because he was immortal didn't make him less human..

But you would never know(?). This was beyond the knowledge that the archons allowed you to whiteness.

Or not? Was there a chance, even a small one..

Now that you were in Snezhnaya you could finally meet the Tsaritsa and find out... why you got into this.

Maybe this would be the final end, you among the Fatui.. a pretty disgusting ending but better than belonging to someone like him.

You spit blood on the ground. So dark on the bright white snow. Was there a chance that you always wanted to see your blood covering something majestic?

Scaramouche only had one thing on his mind... why did he tell you his real name.. what was it that made him think it would be a great idea.

Hundreds of years no one questioned that name. He was Number Six... Lord Scaramouche or The Balladeer...

Even among the Harbingers he used these names. The names feared by humans.. unlike the pathetic name his creator gave him.

If someone from the past existed nowadays and beheld the knowledge of his "real" name.. Scaramouche wouldn't wast a second tracking them down and ending their lives.

But what about you? Right now you were one of the few mortals who were aware of this name.

Well, a name without a story is just like an empty paper... "difficult" to read.

You would probably wast your time hating me than finding out about my past

He was wrong, soon you would think about it and gain interests in finding out who he really was...

The archons really blessed you with a curious personality.

"Finally I have my dear back." With the same hand he just painfully slapped you he pointed on top of your nose.

Your eyes followed his hand moving away from your face.. what was that

You started regretting the way you dealt with the situation after getting your memories back.

Why would you tell him that you got your memories back.. you could have used that for your own entertainment or gain freedom.

It was too late to thinking about "what if"...

The only thing you could think about was the humiliation he was planning for you- he for sure was.

You two returned in silence back to the blue mansions.

Thank archons he left you alone in a room. At least you would get a good sleep before facing him again.

You were tired.. surprisingly something drained your energy to the point that you couldn't stand on your own feet.

The warm air inside the mansion was another reason your eyes felt heavy. The hours you spend outside were torture... even with your fur coat it was unbearable to stay out for longer than 30 minutes.

And there was a not so nice company with you.

It didn't take long and you fell asleep. The sleep took you in a land filled with dreams. Sweet little images that you desired to come true.

The morning seemed promising regardless the fact that Scaramouche still was gone.

The shock after the Liyue incident almost faded and your mind stopped showing you the bloody scenery.

As always Scaramouche appeared in the most unexpected moment... this time with a small shovel.

You eyed the item curious.

"Yes, I brought this exclusively for you." He threw it in front of you. "Go out and shovel the snow around the mansion, till you can see the ground."

What a stupid idea was this. He wouldn't even gain any profit by forcing you to remove the snow...

Someone with an anemo vision would have finished in some seconds but you- armed with that small shovel.

"What are you staring at. Don't return till you finish and if you don't finish within this day, I will find another way to torture you."

You grabbed the shovel and put the fur coat on. Managing this within a day was impossible.

Overnight there was a snow storm, that made everything worse and yet he pointed at the front door.

You exited. That was the only thing you could possibly do.

You never knew that snow could cover a whole house.. that wasn't common in Liyue.

So let's waste our idiotic life for nothing

Not even gloves on your hands.. the snow burned your skin as you touched it.

Pathetic...

Notes:

I FINALLY HAVE HOLIDAYS... NEVER EXPECTED THE LAST SCHOOL YEAR BEFORE UNIVERSITY THIS STRESSFUL.

However I will write a new year special + a new chapter and publish it on the 30th of December