Chapter 39

(The Day before the match)
[Y/N's POV]

" This is it!" He beams with smile

I feel exhausted but applying armament haki doesn't feel straining on me.

It was a difficult task, Law-San wasn't sure on how to guide me since no one else in the crew was able to unlock haki. Ray-San helped me to understand the observation haki, however, for armament, the only thing that could help was constant battles.

I fought with Law-San, without using my powers for most of the time, then using my powers with a limit.

I am able to control that armor to some extent, it didn't pop up again like last time, however, the only thing that remains a mystery is the "Death Aura".

Bepo comes from behind with a tray in his hand. The tray is really small for his size.

" Bestie, let's have some tea!" Bepo beams
I smile and sit next to him, Law-San grabs his coffee mug and leans on the railing of the sub.

" You look exhausted today." Bepo said

I nod, " I know, it's hard to prepare for the mission but I want to help Law-San."

" Even I'm trying to help Captain. We spar a lot except night time."

" Night time? Why don't you spar then?"
" It's just..."

Bepo hesitates to speak ahead. Law-San keeps his head down.

" Leave it, Bepo. Whatever it is, you can tell me later."

" I'm Sorry....." Bepo Sulks
" So Weak!" Law-San groans

" Also, Y/N-ya, take a rest until it's time to go there. Don't use your powers or Haki."

" Yes, Law-San."

I have to win tomorrow. No matter what.

====[Timeskip to the Next Day]====

[Law's POV]

We are back in the birdcage, as told by Julius-ya, some time before the fight.

Y/N-ya is in an alternate version of the crew uniform. Black Cuff Pants, regular tshirt and a Cropped Button Up Jacket with Purple accents at the back. She's wearing her usually pair of combat boots, fingerless gloves and her mask with the knives secured on the pant loops.

She has rolled up the sleeves to show her lower arms, exposing the Owl tattoo on her left arm.

We haven't talked from the morning. I can sense her nervousness as we walk to the main office to meet Julius.

Julius-ya stands at the main door, in a red tailored suit and a clown mask.

" You guys came first." He beams
" I always come before time, Julius."

" That's true. I am rooting for you to win. Got that money riding under your name, Nightshade."

She sighs while looking up at the pipes.

" You both can go towards the changing rooms, have a talk. The fight will start when the other one comes."

He points on my right towards a narrow passage, Y/N-ya walks towards there.

"I have to win."
" Win"
" Win"

I hear her mutter those words which echo around these walls.

At the end of the passage, there is a small locker room with a bathroom attached next to it and another door leading to the arena.

She partially lifted her mask, wiping the sweat and looking down.

I lift my arm forward," Room"

" Law-San, what happened?"

I hold her chin and bring it up, " I believe in you."

Her eyes blink fast, shaking her head a bit. I could feel her nervousness and unsure thoughts.

I should have stopped her when the wager was announced or take her place instead.

" You will win this match."
" I don't know, it's just I'm risking my life here." she muttered

She paused and looked at me, " I fought here a lot, got my skin burned, ripped off. I saw people getting crippled or even die. Still, today, I am really scared to fight, despite knowing, it's important for the mission."

I kiss her forehead, " I'm here. With you."

Our eyes meet.

" You have trained for the week, learning to use Haki and you even learned how to apply it on your shadows and knives. Your control on Haki is  amazing."

" Thank you, Law-San."

" Y/N-ya, that green hair won't win against you. I know that."

She gives a tiny smile, " Who is saying that? My Captain or My boyfriend?"

" I won't answer it."
" Tell me."
" After you win, I promise."
" You Promise, Law-San?"

" I Promise, Y/N-ya."

" Stay focused, don't get hurt and believe in us."

She holds my hand and squeezes it. Her haki calms down and I sense some confidence building up in her.

I disable the room and hear Julius-ya's voice. I walk toward the passage. I was ushered to an elevated platform by one of the bird-cage people and meet Caesar Clown, in a lab coat.

" Trafalgar." the pale face hissed with a hand forward

I shake his hand with a tight grip, " Clown-ya."
" May the best woman win." he winces
" She will win. I know that" I smirk towards him

Julius walks in the middle of the Battle-Zone, a cage shaped in a hexagon.

He has a megaphone in his hand, " Welcome! Ladies and Gentlemen,Tonight, we are having a legendary battle."

" Snow Hazard:Blizzard will fight against the legend of the birdcage, who is back after a long time.....

" NIGHTSHADE"

The arena erupts with loud cheers, shouting the two names.

Y/N walks inside, giving a look towards me.

I will win, Law-San

I know you will.

The green haired bitch walks after her, with a thumbs down to insult her.

She snatched the Megaphone from Julius-ya.

" Get Ready to lose, retired lady" she hissed

Y/N-ya doesn't say anything. He takes the megaphone back from her.

" Before, the fight starts...I want to announce the wager..."

The audience hoots.

" The loser will lose all of their limbs!"

In an instant, the audience becomes silent.

" Ladies, get ready!"

" Fight!"