Chapter 11

[Law's POV]

I had no choice. This is the only way the marines wouldn't notice us.

The footsteps walk in the opposite direction, as soon as the sound of the steps lowers, I pull back. Her face is red, eyes down to the ground.

" Y/N-Ya, I'm sorry...I didn't do this intentionally...it's the only way we could hide and..."

She shakes her head. Still looking down and blushing. I look outside once again, making sure that the marines won't be on our trail. Bepo is not in my sight though.

" C-Captain..." Y/N ya whispers
" I think I should -"
" It's okay...and besides, the kiss was good." She whispers with her blush still on.

Why out of all times she has to look cute......aggh...I can't even say anything right now.

I give a slight nod and gesture my fingers to follow me. We sneak past the local market in the alleyway for the docks where Polar Tang is located. She stumbles right in front of me as we reach the docks.

My arm instinctively goes for holding her waist and I hold her in the nick of time.Our eyes meet. Her blush is still present there along with her twinkling eyes, the left one having an unusual hue of purple. My heart slows down for a moment.

What is happening to me?

" Did Captain start to use her charms on her now?" Penguin shouted from the top of Tang

I release her and flip my finger to Penguin. That pervert, always trying to match with anyone I meet.

The two of us walk back to the Tang and I ask Penguin to go through the final technical checks before we dive in. Y/N-Ya walks down to her room.

The tech team gave the clearance.

" Dive Now!"" Yes, Captain!"

The submarine submerges into the sea and we leave the island.

Shachi tells me that they couldn't retrieve all of the supplies that the old man gave us. We had enough food to last for two weeks but we need to refuel in the next four days.

I walk back to my room downstairs, passing by her room. She's lying down, maybe tired from all of that running. A bit adorable though.

====(Timeskip to 2 days later)====

[Law's POV]

"Captain, we can refuel and get the remaining supplies for the pantry as well as the medicines," Clione says as we walk out of the sub

We have docked temporarily on the island next to the map as we were short on fuel. Shachi and some of the members decide to go to the red-light district.

"Law, you should come with us.." Penguin comments with a pat on my back" You know, I ain't that serious about sex..."" Come on! Anyone would love to spend some time with you!"

Penguin and his obsession to get me laid whenever he gets a chance. Thanks to him and Shachi, I have enough experience, even extreme ones.

He drags me to the Red-Light district just in the same way as all those times.It's a lane of a few establishments, pimps exchanging berries for payments.

These areas exist so as to prevent "hooligans harming the civilians". It could be half true as some of my competitors resort to murder if they want to.

Penguin talks with one of the pimps and I take it as a chance to slip out of his sight.

The weather is hot, I feel sweltering in my hoodie. One of the boys told me that there is a tattoo parlour on the island which can do touch-ups on fading tattoos.

Asking a few locals, I get the directions to the said parlour. It's at the edge of the local market and appears to be clean and safe.

As soon as I take a step inside, a familiar female face looks in my direction with a light blush.Y/N-Ya is lying down on the station, with her upper body nearly exposed but covered with a blanket. Her head is tilted in my direction as the tattoo artist works on her tattoo.

I turn in the opposite direction and talk with the other artist regarding the touch-ups. The price is suitable and I also request to get my finger tattoos to be replicated on my left hand.

The artist ushers me to the station next to Y/N-ya who is lying on her chest, her left arm stretched out. The artist is tattooing now on her shoulder while referring to a design on a sketchbook. She keeps a straight face, not even a sign of being in pain.

I take off the hoodie and lie down on the chair, to get the chest one for the touch-up. It has a faded appearance, but the heart and the smile are still visible.

I got this one around four years ago, as a tribute to the man who saved my life and stopped me from falling into the darkness, Corazon. It's because of him I decided to take the path of Piracy for my long-due revenge.

Needles don't hurt me, I got used to them over time after getting two huge tattoos on my chest and back as well as the touch-ups they require once or twice a year. Hours go by as I get the touch-ups done for the chest and shoulder tattoos.

My Jolly Roger one is still "fresh", got it at the start of the year so it didn't need a touch-up.The artist covers them with a bandage and tells the usual after-care instruction, I wear my hoodie again and sit upright for the fingers to be done. I requested them to do the letters inverted and start the letters from the thumb to the little finger.

Tattoos for me initially were a coverup for the cuts I made on myself. After the one on my right hand, Shachi and Penguin decided to get the three of us matching forearm tattoos before we left Swallow Island. Perhaps they are a symbol of the life I'm living today, the affection of my family, Corazon's willingness and the friendship of the three idiots.

After an hour, Death is on my left hand as well. It looks the way I expected. I go for the payment and even Y/N-ya is standing there, her left covered up in bandages. She takes out some berries from her backpack

" I will pay for both of us," I say with a stack of notes

" You don't need to do this for me." she frownsI pass the stack of notes and leave the parlour.

"Captain, you shouldn't have done this. I had the money for it."

" It's your personal money, keep it for an emergency."

She pouts her lips, "Fine!"

I hate it when people act cute. Can't she just stop looking cute for a moment?

We walk towards Polar Tang, docked at a secluded area separated from the village by a rock bridge.

She gazes in my direction and asks, "Captain, can I ask you something?"

"Mmhm.."

" Did I really fling Mr. 0 in the sea?"

I bite my tongue, "Umm...What?"

" Bepo told me what I did after I escaped the quicksand..since I couldn't remember about it."

" About that, you know.."

She interrupts me, " Also have you seen this as well?"

She raises her right arm and manifests a black vine-like structure. It came out of her shadow and was creeping around slowly. Her eyes are shaky yet nervous, unsure of what she's doing.

"Y/N-ya I did and even I don't know what exactly you are..... The Medical Reports, this shadow ability and you didn't even eat a devil fruit. It doesn't make sense..."

" TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK I AM THEN?!"