Chapter 21

( Timeskip to 12 hours later)
[Y/N POV]

The pain is gone.

My body has a strange phenomenon whenever I push over my limits. I have to bear this pain over all parts of my body for about 12 hours and I can't use my abilities for the next 96 hours.

During those 96 hours, my haki recovers very slowly which limits my observation skills for a while.

Law-San is wiping my face with a towel.

" Oi, crazy woman. Are you up or not?"

" Now what Captain?" I groan as I try to sit upright

" You could have died! I told you not to fight back there!"

He starts scolding me for my "reckless behaviour" and miscalculated actions that could risk my life.

" And you were aware that we still can't fully figure what thing you are. What if you died? How can I explain to Bepo and the others?!"

" I'm sorry..."

He sighs, " I won't punish you this time. You need to recover."

He holds a food tray with his rubber gloves on. The tray contains sandwiches and a mug of tea.

" Bepo made this for you."

I take the tray from him. He removes the gloves from his hands and walks towards the wash basin to clean his hands. I take a bite from the sandwich and feel the cheese between my teeth.

Bepo...I am gonna hug you.

I chow down the sandwiches and sip in the tea. Captain is sitting on the stretcher which is held up by the walls.

" Do you feel better?"

" I think so. Except the part I can't use my abilities for a while."

" Are you sure?" He asks again

I nod. His expression softens a bit as he rolled up the sleeves of his hoodie, exposing the tattoos of his forearm. The same ones on Penguin's and Shachi's forearms.

" You can rest here for a bit long if you want to. I wanted to ask something else but it can be done later."

I fold my legs and say, " It's okay, you can ask."

" Can you help me go to the underworld?"

The underworld. What does he want to do there?

" The Underworld...Why would you want to go there?"

" It's because I want to see Do.."

He pauses for a moment as he swallows and blinks his eyes slowly.

" Because I want to meet Caesar Clown."

" Caesar Clown? I'm not familiar with that name."

" He's a scientist. Probably has a connection to Kaido and also provides some hi-tech equipments which will be useful for us."

Kaido..this name sounds familiar. It's one of the 'Four Emperors'. 

" I see..however, there are marine spies everywhere and also some pirates who always look for their enemies."

" True...Did Rocky Port had a way of access to the underworld?"

" James-San did tell me about it, but its not the only way."

I sip the tea, " I have to contact him on a secure line for a nearby location. Then I will take you there."

" You don't need to do that. I read your entries and it's not safe if you relive those memories."