Chapter 23

[Y/N POV]

"My Birthday, My Rules." Law-San says with a smirk as I cut the cake with him

My hand trembles over his afterwards and pull it back. He brings over the cake slice and brings it over my face.

" I want to take this chance to congratulate you for your great progress with your recovery." He says and brings it close to my mouth

I take a small bite and offer it to him. He takes a bite and licks off the frosting on my finger.

" Oooh....." the boys chant under their breath

I blush and quickly wipe my finger with a tissue. My cheeks feel warm with the blush creeping in.

" Did you like..."
" Not another word, Penguin-San...First this make over and now this..."

" My lips are zipped." Penguin whispers with a motion of zipping up on his lips

I take a few steps away from the rowdy crowd of boys gathering around him to plaster his face with the frosting of the cake.

" Don't you encourage this, Bepo!" Law groans as Bepo holds him tight, allowing the boys to apply the frosting on his face

I burst out of laughter at the sight of the blue coloured frosting on his face. Shachi clicks a picture of his face with a camera snail transponder. 

I walk downstairs to fetch a face towel and pass it to him. He cleans it off and mouths a "Thank You".

I smile and ask him, " Are you liking this party?"

" If the crew is enjoying it, then I am."

" What do you actually feel, Law-San?"

He pauses for a moment.

" I'm fine. I'm not really a fan of partying at all to be honest."

" I see...Let me check if the dinner preparations are done or not."

===(POV Change)===

[Law's POV]

Y/N-ya didn't respond on what I did before. She blushed and walked away. Her Haki was fluctuating when she was around me.

If she has something to say, why doesn't she say it?

Bepo is carrying boxes wrapped in yellow and black paper and keeps it next to me.

He places it down and offers the first box. The label has a paw print on it. I unwrap it and open the box.

It's a cap with the same pattern as my fur hat. It has a strong bill and durable material. Next gift is from Jean Bart.

He grunts silently as I unboxed the gift, it was a pair of coins.

" I collected them in the past, I thought it would be suitable for you."

I nod and continue to open up the remaining gifts.

Books, Journals, Medical Equipment...

The gifts aren't much different this time either.

" Stop pushing me guys!" Y/N hisses to the guys
" Give it to him." Penguin mutters as he pushes her to my direction

She held a dark blue fabric in her arms, her lips were curled.

" H-Happy Birthday Once again, Captain!" She shouts

She bows low and brings her arms towards my direction. I take the fabric from her and unfurl it.

It's.....

The collar has the same trim as that coat. As if, He sent this for me.

I hang it across my shoulders and close my eyes.

Cora-San is still with me.

I pull her close and wrap my arms around her. I get hold of my tears and emotions of that day.

The snow filled with blood, his smile encouraging me to be free and run for my life. The escape to Pleasure Island where I cured myself, met Bepo,Shachi,Penguin and Wolf. Founded the crew, reached the Grand Line and now....

Y/N-Ya

You are unusual and perhaps that's your charm, your vibe.

The awkward expressions are becoming more natural, the past which froze your sense doesn't bind you, the abilities you have, given the crew a strong power boost and....

I feel safe. I feel a sense of comfort.
It's been 12 years since I felt it.

The frequency of nightmares have become less...I don't want to lose the remaining things in this life.

I may have a life beyond revenge.A life with freedom.

A life with someone.

I think I'm in love with you, Y/N-ya

====================================
(Author's note)

Thank you so much for showing you support to my fanfic! I didn't expect to gain so many reads and votes for my story.

I'm sorry for not updating the chapters on time and this chapter being really short this time. It's due to my intensive university schedule and I wasn't able to make to write and work on the upcoming chapters.

I will make a post related about my profile so you guys can know me well. Feel free to drop any questions you have about the characters and the story.

I'll try my best to update more frequently.

A grateful and tired writer
Pegasus