Unfortunate

"There is no way that I am going in that house!"

Frozen for a moment, I had just stared at the house like it was from a horror movie. You know, the creaking, ridden down sort that people always creeped into. I would always feel that sort of tightness in my stomach, as though a fist had grabbed me and gripped my inner. I always screamed "DON'T GO IN THERE!" at the unaware person, who seemed to be none of the wiser of the horrors lurking inside.

I planned on following my own example.

I have to admit. The house looked a lot nicer than I thought the home James Potter was raised in would look like. It was painted white and was larger than I would have thought with Potter being an only child and all, but maybe all pureblood families can afford large homes. From here, I could see the welcoming light pouring out of all of the windows, one large and five small, each with fairly nice looking curtains not yet pulled across them.

Sirius smirked and strolled towards me as I took a step back. "Come on, Evans," he grabbed my hand, pulling me forward. "I have something to show you."

Knowing Black, I did not have any intention of finding out what that was. "There could be a fortune in there and I would still stay here."

He straightened his tight black shirt and shrugged. "Then I have no choice, but to do this."

His arms wrapped around my stomach. He hauled me up and threw me over his shoulder, like I was his broom. He did it effortlessly, but I felt a slight tension in his muscles.

I began to pound his back. "Put," hit "me," hit "down!" Slam.

He chuckled and his shoulders bounced, jostling me around. The house was getting closer and I began to worry.

What would Potter do when he saw me in his home? I had literally told him that I would jinx him if he even came near me and here I was strolling into his home?

Your not exactly strolling, a voice said in my head.

"Boy, Evans," Sirius laughed. "You can sure pack a punch."

He pushed open the door and from where I craned my neck up, I could see pale red walls and many photos of a happy family, waving at me.

"Sirius, dear? What on earth are you doing?" A voice came from the stairs next to me and I turned my head to try and see, resulting in me pulling a muscle.

Rubbing it, I heard Sirius reply. "One of my lovely friends came and popped by, I thought I'd give her a lift to the house."

"For heavens sake, put her down!" Replied a ladies voice.

I was set down on my feet and could finally see the lady that stood in front of me: she was old, her hair was a greying brown colour and her eyes looked tired, but I could see the happiness in them by the way they were crinkled at the corners. This lady wore a long dress, that reached just below her knees, with colourful flowers etched over them and around her throat gleamed a green emerald necklace.

"Hello, dear," she said kindly, smiling slightly. "I apologise for my son's behaviour, it's lovely to meet you though," she held out a hand. "I am Euphemia Potter."

"Lily Evans," I said quietly, shaking her warm hand. "I'm so sorry to intrude, Mrs Potter. I-"

Mrs Potter held up a hand. "Do not worry, Lily. I dare say that you did not have much choice in the matter. Sirius has always been a bit too friendly, if you ask me," she looked at Sirius lovingly and that's when I realised she had called him her son. Of course, I knew that he lived with the Potters but it was lovely to think that he had really been accepted into the family and that they treated him like a son. "Well, it is lovely to finally meet you. I have heard so much about you, Lily."