The L Bomb

The party was in full rage mode.

I've seen many of the Gryffindor parties. Most of them for Quiditch matches, some of them for birthdays and lots of them for the Marauder's entertainment ( I normally hid in the library for those ones), but never have I seen one like this.

Kids danced on tables with there arms swinging while they jumped along to the music. A circle of students had firewhiskey shots in their hand and were having a competition of who could drink the most the fastest. In another part of the room, people crowded around a bottle, spinning it around, while one pair of students snogged awkwardly with the bottle facing them. Fireworks still zoomed around and someone had enchanted the candles to flash bright changing colours between red and gold.

The place was havoc.

I'll be honest, the Head Girl in me started to have a mental breakdown; I wanted to run to the Headmaster's office and never come back. The part of me, a tiny part, that James seemed to have brought out was riveting, wondering what would happen next. All of me just hopped that I could sit and watch it all from a corner.

James, however, had other ideas.

"Drink?" He asked me, grinning proudly at his work.

I nodded in bewilderment and watched his walk of to one of the tables with a bottle of firewhiskey to pour me a glass.

From one side of the room, I could just about make out the top of Mel's hair. Cautious of all the dancing crazies, I pushed past and saw her making out with some boy.

As I got closer I came to realise who it was...

Sirius- freaking- Black.

He had his arms wrapped around her, they were a bit too low for my liking (if you know what I mean) and she was on her tip toes kissing him back whole heartedly. Eww.

For a couple of seconds, I watched them awkwardly, when I felt James stand next to me. Silently he handed me a glass.

"I don't think I've ever seen anything so gross," I mumbled, taking a sip of my drink. It felt hot as it slid down my throat.

James shook his head. "Nope," he said, "I've seen worse."

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "And I'm totally not surprised." I tilted my head to the side. "How are they going for that long?" I asked disgusted. "They're not even breathing."

"I don't think I wanna know," James muttered back.

Shaking my head, I rid myself of the fogginess. "Should we stop them?" I asked.

Before James could reply, Mel pulled away from Sirius and looked behind him. Her eyes caught mine and she smiled drunkenly at me.

"Lily!" She exclaimed, running over to me and jumping as she wrapped her arms around my neck. She went slightly floppy and I had to hold her up. She moved her mouth to my ear and whispered, "I kissed Sirius Black", in complete disbelief.

I chuckled at how intoxicated she was. "I know," I replied, pulling her back to look at her. "Wait 'till I tell the grandkids."

Her hair was tangled and her eyes were red. She had this bizarre little grin on her face and her pupils were dilated. She opened her mouth to say something but then her smiler dropped away. "Lily, I don't feel so good," she grumbled.

I gasped as she put her head to the side and threw up all over the carpet. After a second of staring at it she smiled and said, "That's better."

Gagging, I jumped back and put my hands out to clench her shoulder, avoiding any form of mess. With the other hand I took out my wand and muttered a spell to remove the sick. "We need to get you cleaned up," I informed her.