A New Side To Potter

James sat in a dazed confusion as me and my Muggleborn friend laughed, clutching our stomachs, cracking up even more at his utter dismay. Something about his expression intrigued me in a way I never had before; he was so perplexed by the situation and I wanted to teach him.

Something about him just made me want to show him more: show him the muggle world; show him my world.

It's just you're want to teach, I told myself, my laughter seizing, you're Head Girl and that makes you want to inform people of things. It's nothing more.

James ran a hand through his hair and let out a nervous chuckle. Why did he seem nervous? I was going to ask him when the bar lady finally approached us and all thoughts of this were cut out of my head when she gave James a wink.

"James, dear," she shot him a smile. "What can I get you?"

I was so close to snapping at her. I mean, hey, I was here first. Just cause it was me or the hot guy next to me did not mean that she had to go for him. It's just manners, for merlin's sake.

"Four butter beers, Rosmerta," James smirked back. "And make them nice and hot." Once again, James leant his arm on my shoulder.

"Anything for you, James," she replied with another wink and flounced off to get some cups. I watched James as he watched Rosmerta with a little half smile on his face, while she sashayed her hips side to side.

For some reason I felt this bizarre need to stop him from watching her, I mean it is very uncomfortable to watch, right?

"I'm not an armrest, you know?" I growled, catching his attention.

James licked his lips and smiled. "Oh, I know, but your are just the right height and my arm is ever so tired. It's like you were made to be my armrest. Your shoulder is just the perfect shape."

I rolled my eyes and pulled away. "Bring the drinks over to the table, Potter," I groaned, making my way back to my seat, but before I could move away a hand curled around my wrist and he pulled me back to face him.

"You promised you wouldn't call me that, Lily," he said, emphasising my name. His breath made my hair dance around my face and I realised how close I was to him. With an even bigger surprise, I noticed that my arm was leant on his chest, stoping me from falling when he pulled me around.

I looked down at it, my cheeks heating up. James must have realised because he looked down at my arm too, then to me and lifted an eyebrow behind his glasses. "Who's using who as an armrest now, huh Lily?"

I shook my head a little and moved my arm back to my side with a jolt. "I- erm... Sorry," I mumbled and turned away, speed walking back to my chair, head down.

The sound of the chair next to me scraping back too told me that James had also taken his seat and I forced myself to look up at him.

He was leaning on his hands, talking to Remus, seemingly oblivious to what had happened. What had happened? I thought, taking a sip of my drink. Nothing, Lily, this is ridiculous! Pull yourself together, women! Your making a fool out of yourself for absolutely no reason whatsoever!

Taking a deep breath, I glanced back up at the boys, who were now all staring at me expectantly. "What?" I asked.

Remus gave me a knowing smile. "We said, how do you think Sirius and Melanie's date will be going?"

I shrugged. "I dunno. I mean, I've never been on one."

Remus and Peter burst out into laughter and I was left to stare at them in utter confusion. James, however, seemed to have gone completely red in the face and was slouched down in his chair like he wanted to be invisible. "Hey!" I yelled out, slapping Peter on the arm. "What's so funny? That's not such a big deal! No ones ever asked me!"

Remus calmed down first. "Why would that be true?" He said, his voice dripping sarcasm. "I mean, a pretty girl like you, Lily? That makes no sense-"

"No sense at all," cut in Peter, who was still giggling in his chair.

"Can you think of any reason young Lily here has never been asked on a date, Prongs?" Remus laughed.

The three of them were sharing one of those "best friend looks". You know the ones where they seem to be having a silent conversation with each other that no one else can even begin to comprehend; this one seemed to be more of an argument.

And James was loosing.

"What is he talking about, James?" I asked with a frown.

James glanced between me and his friends with a look of annoyance and embarrassment, which surprised me, as I don't think that I've ever seen James Potter look embarrassed.

"Erm... Well, I... Err," he muttered, running a hand through his hair.

I turned to Remus in annoyance. "What aren't you telling me?"

Remus scratched his forehead and pushed his brown hair out of his face with a smile. "Let's just say that Snape and Prongs have never been the best of friends," I rolled my eyes. I mean, duh! "But they were always willing to come together over one thing."

He paused for what I guess was probably dramatic effect or just a way to allow James to sink even further into his seat.

"What?" I asked.

"You," replied both Peter and Remus at the same time.

The idea of Severus ever being in the same room as James for any period of time through his own choice seemed completely impossible and so why would they do so over me? What would they even talk about me for? This doesn't make any kind of sense. They would rip each other's heads off.

"For Merlin's sake, Remus!" I yelled in angry apprehension. "Just spit it out!"

Remus laughed. "Oh, this is going to be good."

Buh, buh, buuuuh!

What are they talking about, who knows? Why would Snape and James ever come together? Who knows? Oh, wait! I do! *lets out evil laugh*

Guys, guys! Guess what?!? 300 reads!!!!!! Whaat?!!!? How is that even possible? This is amazing! Thank you so much for reading! I love you all!!! Imagine if we could reach 500??

Okay, breath...

I was wondering. Do you want James' POV? Cause right now I'm still deliberating if it would be a good idea or not. Comment and tell me what you think!

Comment

Vote

Fan

weliveandbreathw0rds