What The Hell Just Happened?

These are Lily's (on the left) and Mel's (on the right) dresses and hairstyles for the ball. I hope you like them. I chose them to try and suit their personality. Thanks for reading!
***

The Grand Hall was glittering with lights that's danced around the room and, if what Professor Slughorn tells me is true, they are really tiny fairies prancing above my head. There are twelve towering Christmas Trees that are placed against the walls that have been enchanted to twirl in a rainbow of different sparkling colours. The enchanted sky is now a dark night of fluffy clouds and stars.

No, this isn't the dance. Not yet, anyway. As Head Girl I am designated to help the teachers set up the morning before. So, while Mel frolics about making herself beautiful, I'm here making the dance actually happen for her. Her and the rest of the school.

The atmosphere around the common room was buzzing; girls running around, asking to borrow necklaces and checking that what they are wearing is the only one that will be seen that night. Boys were going around with annoyed looks, asking their friends whether it's just them that look ridiculous in their dress robes or "if we're all gonna look like prancing goblins on a drag night."

James, who is Head Boy, has been, much to his annoyance, also forced to help with the preparations. However, he seems to be having a harder time with it all, as every time he adds another ornament to the tree, it shakes it out feverishly, leaving James to chase down the Hall to catch it.

What he doesn't know, is that Sirius, Peter and Remus are behind that tree, having cursed it, and are pissing themselves with laughter every time James has to run down the Hall. Though, the way he runs and catching it, is strangely calming to watch. He does is with such grace and effortlessness.

I was trying to suppress a giggle as the tree does another dance once more, when I heard a voice call out my name from behind me.

Turning, I see William Charleston , a Ravenclaw, walking over towards me with a swift briskness. Damn this boys hot.

He has deep blue eyes that look like the waves of a gentle ocean and light brown hair, the colour of milk chocolate. His cheekbones look like they cold chop wood and, frankly, he has muscles the size of my head.

Again, damn.

"Lily," he repeated, crossing his arms in a way that totally emphasises those muscles. "So, I heard that you don't have a date for the dance tonight, right?"

I nodded my head, my words seemed to have gotten lost. Plus, I was worried if I did find them I'd word vomit. Done that before, don't really want to do it again.

"You wanna go with me?" He asked, as though it was the easiest thing in the world.

William wants to go with me? Merlin's beard! This is so not what I was expecting; I thought I'd go alone and just hang with Mel and Sirius! I mean, Remus has a date, even Peter has a date, and I think James probably does! Lily! He's starring at you! You're supposed to answer!

"Yes, I-erm," breath, think before you speak. "I would love to go with you, William," I managed to force out.

He gaze me a breathtaking smile. "Call me Will. I'll pick you up at six," then he leaned forward and kissed my cheek before turning away and gliding out of the Hall, leaving me to stare after him, breathless.

"What the hell did that jerk want?" Came James' voice behind me. He was red in the face, probably from all that running, and had seemed to have given up on the tree.

I frowned and pushed my hair out of my face. "He wanted to know if I'd go to the ball with him," I said. "And he's not a jerk."

James frowned. "But you said no, right?"