Chapter Thirty Seven

Violet's POV;

I know I just got back to L.A last week, but I want to go home to Pittsburgh to see my family.

I haven't been out there since right before I moved to London.

More than anything I miss Ollie, he's always been my best friend and even though we FaceTime twice a week it's not the same.

The only thing holding me back from going is Harry.

We just started to get accustomed to each other again, so I don't want to leave and screw it all up with distance.

"Honey?"

I look up from my phone, where I had Terri's contact pulled up to see Harry giving me a curious look from the doorway.

"What's the matter?" He asks walking over to me.

"Nothing, I'm alright." I say setting my phone onto his coffee table, but like always he sees right through me.

"Vi, you can talk to me if something's bothering you. We have to communicate, remember?" He says gently as he sits on the couch, wrapping his arm around me.

I sigh knowing he's right, "I kind of want to go visit Pittsburgh." I admit quietly, and he laughs under his breath.

"That's what had you all nervous?" He asks with a smile, and I nod.

"Why did you feel nervous telling me?" He asks and I shrug.

"I don't want to up and leave again and mess everything up after we've started to fix this." I say motioning between the both of us.

"Oh darling, you going back to see your family for a bit wouldn't mess anything up. I wasn't the only one that has missed you while you were gone." He tells me, rubbing my back.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused and he hesitates with an awkward smile.

"Well, um...a few months after you left I got a text from a random number. It was your sister, she had gotten my number from Terri because Ollie kept asking to talk to me since I wasn't with you when he'd phone you. Then it turned into a weekly thing." He explains softly and I feel myself start to smile.

"I told you he loved you." I mumble as he laughs.

"He still calls me 'sunny Harry' because of you." He tells me making me giggle.

"He's the main reason I want to go visit. I miss him so much." I tell him with a small pout.

"Then you should go, Ollie needs his best friend. And you better give him a hug from me." He says grabbing my phone and handing it to me.
"Book your ticket, call Terri, and I'll drop you off at the airport on whichever day you decide to leave."

I find myself hesitating again, knowing that if I do go it'll be for a few weeks. And the last time I went back there for an extended period of time I had Harry with me. He was the reason I had such a good time being in my hometown, when it's just me visiting I just visit family and stay in the house all day. But with Harry, he was so eager to visit all of my favorite places, hear all of the stories, and he just wanted to go outside all of the time.

Part of me wants to ask him to come with me, but I already uprooted him from his work to go to Pittsburgh once, I can't ask him to do it again.

"What will make you more comfortable going flower?" He asks as I stare down at my phone screen.

I shrug, not wanting to admit that him tagging along would make me comfortable going, because I know he'd just drop everything to go.

He sighs and gently takes my phone, placing it back onto the table, and pulling me onto his lap to face him.