Chapter One

What started as a great day for me, has ended in tears.

Thinking back on everything that has gone down today, I squeeze myself tighter against my best friend's body while she holds me in her arms.

"It's going to be okay honey, you're going to be okay."

Her words keep ringing in my ears, and I can't help but wonder, how am I going to be okay? How is any of this okay?

And how the hell did I get to this point in my life?

Earlier that day...

The sun shines through my curtains waking me from my dreams, making me groan loudly.

I've always hated mornings.

The idea of having to get myself out of my warm blankets and be productive kills me.

Part of it comes from being lazy, and part of it is a side effect that follows with my seasonal depression.

Summer.

Summertime is always the saddest for me.

Everyone wearing small clothing that looks amazing on them, while I can barely get myself to wear shorts in front of people.

The bright sun is supposed to make everyone happy, but it makes me sad that the snow has melted away.

Not only am I self conscious of the summer clothes everyone's expected to wear around this time of the year, I'm a winter baby.

I love the cold, you get to bundle up in warm clothes, watch movies, and listen to Christmas music all of the time.

It's truly the best time of the year.

I sit up in my bed with a huff, as my mom comes in to check on me.

Probably knowing that if I don't get up soon I wouldn't get out of my bed for the remainder of the day.

"Good morning Vi, I made breakfast. Come out when you're ready, after we eat we should start setting everything up for today." I nod my head as she closes my door.

I know what you're thinking.

Yes I'm an adult, yes I live with my parents.

That's the life of a broke retail worker.

I'm actually saving up to move out in the next couple of months.

I finally saved up enough money to replace my old car that was basically just a pile of metal scraps on wheels.

Now all I have to do is get through these next few months of scrimping and saving, then I'll officially be on my own.

Well, not completely. My boyfriend of three years is going to move with me.
Along with my dog, Ivy.

I smile as I lean down and plant a kiss on Ivy's head, before deciding to get up.

Ivy's ears perk up and she hurries to jump up with me and follows me out to the dining room.

I open up the back door for her to go outside and do her business, while I walk into the kitchen.

"Here you go baby, there's coffee already made in the pot if you want some." My mom says handing me a plate stacked with food.

Although I'm 20, I sure do like being babied by my mom.