Chapter Twenty-Six

Harry's POV;

"Welcome back, from your random, yet secretive get away. Although I have an inkling as to where you were the last week, I'd rather hear you tell me about it. So start talking." Pauli immediately jumps on me as soon as I step foot in the studio.

"You know, when I agreed to let you hang around as I wrote this new album, even though I specifically said I wanted to get most of it done on my own, I figured there would be a silent agreement that you would, you know, be silent." I say.

"I have...for the most part. But this doesn't have to do with the album this is about you and a certain blonde girl. Now spill." They demand.

"I don't know if I'm supposed to tell you, but seeing as you won't leave me alone until I do you can't say anything. Violet had a run-in with her ex, and Terri called me because she didn't know what to do. It was like Violet's whole body just shut down completely, she wouldn't talk, wouldn't move, it was pretty worrisome." I admit and Pauli gasps.

"Is she okay? Why didn't you tell me?"

"She's okay now, I spent the week with her trying to cheer her up and I'd say it worked pretty well. I didn't tell you because she seemed almost embarrassed about it and I wanted her to be able to tell you herself." I say and they nod.

"I'm sorry for prying." They apologize.

"No it's alright, I know how much you care about her. Hell if the roles were reversed I'd react the same way." I say taking a seat.

"Still though, somethings off. Did something happen between you two?" They ask and I try to hold back my smile.

"Something did happen—I can see it on your face. You know you're horrible at keeping secrets." They say with a laugh.

"Well if you really must know, I took her on a date the other night." I say and Pauli starts squealing.

"I knew you liked her! God you two are perfect for each other." They say making me blush.

"Alright that's enough. I have to work on this song." I say and they scoff.

"Please, that song is going nowhere right now. What you need is some inspiration. Luckily for you, your inspiration is one flight away." They say pulling me out of my seat.

"But I just got back, I can't fly over there again. Jeff would kill me." I say and Pauli rolls their eyes.

"It's your album, and your music. You're your own boss, go be with her for a few more weeks. You just wrapped up a long ass tour, you need to rest at some point." They say and I sigh.

I know they're right, and I didn't really want to leave Violet this morning, but I don't think she'd want me back so soon.

"Just go home, pack a suitcase and call her. I'm sure she'd love to spend more time with you." They say pushing me towards the door.

"Pauli she just spent a week with me, have you ever thought she might want a week away from me?" I ask and they roll their eyes.

"You need some time off, and you need to see where this relationship with Violet could take you before you both get swept up in work and music. Take my advice, I'm hardly wrong." They say and I feel myself start to smile.

"Fine, I'll call. But if she says no then that's it, no pushing." I say and Pauli nods as they cross their arms.

I pull my phone up and click on Violet's contact, before looking back up to Pauli unsure.

"Oh for christs sake. Give me that." They mutter snatching my phone.

"Hey!" I exclaim as Pauli puts the phone to their ear.

"Hey babes it's you're favorite, listen. I cannot take this brit anymore, please take him back." They say dramatically.

"I just got back." I mumble and they roll their eyes at me.

"I know he just came back, but you need to take him back. He's insufferable. What's he doing? Oh, funny you ask that...." They say smirking at me.

"Give that back." I say grabbing my phone.

"I'm sorry." I say as Pauli watches me intensely.

"There's nothing to apologize for, it's just Pauli. Do you really miss me that much that they felt the need to call me?"

"Maybe a little.." I say smiling.

"Well Mr. Styles, I don't know what your schedule permits...but if you want to I'd gladly welcome you back here in Pittsburgh."

"Are you sure? I don't want to impose..or annoy you by being around too much." I say and she laughs.

"You could never annoy me Harold."

"No take backs! She has custody, goodbye go pack have fun! And absolutely no working!" Pauli yells pushing me out the door.

"I guess I'll see you soon then?" I ask as I walk outside to my car.

"I'll see you soon H, stay safe."

"Hey, call your parents and set something up. I'd love to meet them." I say grinning.

"Yes sir. See you tonight."

I hang the phone up with a huge grin as I start the car.

Three more weeks alone with my girl.