Chapter Thirty-Three

Harry's POV;

Watching her leave me was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, and the most painful feeling I've ever felt.

For months I knew how wrong it was to still give Kendall the time of day, but she was supposed to be just a friend. I didn't think this would happen.

I wanted to explain that to Violet but she wouldn't listen to me, and I don't blame her...I wouldn't even know what to say if she did give me a chance to explain myself.

I've opted out of helping with her album, because it was too painful to see her everyday, and hear her voice.

It's been a week, and I still feel miserable.

I've been trying to work up the courage to talk to her, and to try and figure things out, but every time I came close to doing it I chickened out.

That's what has lead me here, standing in front of the closed studio door

I can hear her voice through the wood, she doesn't sound as happy as she used to be.

And I'm to thank for that.

As I turn to walk away and back down once more, the door swings open, and I hear her angelic voice that brings tears to my eyes.

"Harry?"

I turn around to face her, as she stares at me confused.

Pauli's head comes into view as he looks over her shoulder and sees me.

Almost as if he could see the tension between us, he silently steps past her and leaves us alone.

"I was wondering if we could talk.." I say softly and she begins to chew the inside of her cheek, a nervous tick I picked up on months ago.

Without saying anything, she opens the door to allow me into the room.

Sitting down on the small couch that was almost identical to the one on the studio I sit in for hours a day, she stands in the middle of the room observing me.

"I'm sorry, I should have told you I was in contact with Kendall, and that she kissed me before, and I shouldn't have allowed it to happen again. I didn't know how to bring it up because I know how hurt you were from your ex back home." I start off.

"Is she why you were having last minute 'meetings' And why you suddenly became sick?" She asks and I nod.

"Is she also the reason you never asked me to be your girlfriend?" She asks quietly.

"It wasn't just that, I didn't want to scare you off with an official title." I say and she nods.

"So it was part of the reason..because you still have feelings for her?" She asks and immediately I shake my head.

"I don't have feelings for her. We were supposed to be friends, just friends that's it. But when she kissed me I knew I couldn't have asked you to be with me officially and keep that from you." I tell her.

"I don't think I want to keep talking about this, I'm going to go." She says and I stand up from the couch.

"I meant it, you know. What I said the other day." I tell her.

"That doesn't mean anything now. Not after what you did to me." She says and I feel myself wanting to cry.

"We can make this work, we can fix this." I tell her and she shakes her head.

"I don't think we can, H." She says sadly as a few tears fall from her eyes, and I  feel the urge to reach out and hold her.

"Please...I'm sorry." I say quietly as a tear of my own falls.

"I'm going to go away for a while, I need space and time to heal mentally. And I can't do that here, not when I see you everywhere I go." She says and I feel my heart shatter into a million pieces.

"No..." I whisper as my shoulders begin to shake.

"I'm only telling you because I don't want you to think I just disappeared into thin air. I don't want to hurt you." She says.

"This is hurting me." I say and she looks away from me.

"I'll always be thankful for the friendship you gave me, and for being good to me in the beginning. Maybe one day we can go back to being friends like we used to be. But right now I can't be near you, I can't see you, and I can't hear your voice. It hurts too much." She says sniffling.

"Flower please, I'm begging you. I'll get on my knees if I have to, please just don't leave me." I break down and in return she squeezes her eyes shut and takes a step towards me.

"I know you hurt me, but I want you to know I'm not doing this to hurt you in return." She says wrapping her arms around me.

"I want to make it better, let me make it better. You don't have to go, you don't have to leave." I start to ramble as I squeeze her tight against me.

"I need to. I have to love myself to get through this, remember?" She asks.

"I need you here with me, you make me better." I cry into her shoulder.

"You don't need me, you don't need anyone. You're stronger than anyone I've ever met." She tells me.

"I love you." I whimper and she holds me tighter.

"I know you do." She says pulling away from me.

Like an empty shell, I stand there crying and watch her walk to the door.

"Where will you go?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"I can't tell you that, you'll show up and we'll be back to square one." She says and I look down knowing it's true.

"Goodbye, Harry." She says walking out of the room and shutting the door behind her.

"Goodbye, flower." I whisper, before I completely break and sit on the floor crying into my hands.

Violet's POV;

Leaning against the shut door, and hearing his muffled cries, I let go of all control and allow myself to cry as well.

"I love you too, H."