Chapter 28

Rows of cars were stuck in front of a certain intersection, moving slowly.

The temperature of the air conditioner in the car was suitable. Lin Suici did not download the game, but just stared at the clock in the mobile phone, and casually watched the second hand swing rhythmically.

Gradually, his eyelids grew heavier, and it wasn't long before they completely closed.

He has been suffering from insomnia for the past few days, and even if he falls asleep at night, he will wake up several times, and his sleep is extremely restless.

He took some medication before he was discharged from the hospital, and now he felt a little sleepy.

It was very quiet in the car, and Pei Chuan looked away from the computer screen, only to realize that the person beside him had already fallen asleep.

The young man was sitting in the corner, slightly curled up, his head tilted to one side, and his thick eyelashes were clearly rooted, casting a shadow under his eyes.

His breathing was shallow, as he slept peacefully.

I don't know how long it took before Lin Suici woke up in a daze, only to realize that he was covered with a thin blanket.

He subconsciously looked at the side, and the man was still sitting there. The computer had already been put away, and a paper document was being held in his slender hands.

The man's gaze was originally fixed on the document, but the next second he turned to look at him.

"Woke up?" His tone was calm and natural.

Lin Suici nodded in confusion before realizing that the sky outside the car window had already darkened and the car had already stopped.

The scenery outside is unfamiliar.

That is to say, during the time he fell asleep, Pei Chuan did not wake him up, but instead sat here and waited for him to wake up.

Until he got out of the car, Lin Suici's mind was still in a daze.

Following Pei Chuan, he walked into a villa that looked exquisite and luxurious on the outside, it was even larger than the Jiang family's villa.

He had always felt that Pei Chuan's name sounded familiar, and the only one who could be called as Master Pei was the head of the Pei Group.

Lin Suici doesn't pay attention to business matters, but he also knows what the name Pei Chuan represents in City A, i.e. money, power, and status.

He still couldn't figure out why this Master Pei, whom he had only heard about in rumors, was so kind to him, not just because he looked like one of his younger brothers.

Once he is targeted by such a powerful and influential person, even if he wants to escape in the future, he won't be able to.

Lin Suici's face turned pale again, and his movements paused, hesitating to keep up.

Pei Chuan also stopped, "What's wrong?"

Those sharp eyes looked deeper and darker in the dim light, but the gaze was still calm.

Pei Chuan lowered his head slightly, and looked into the clear eyes of the young man with some complex emotions.

Pei Chuan raised his eyebrows lightly, and a faint smile appeared in his black eyes, and he whispered to himself, 'why are you still so afraid? I won't eat you'.

Although it was just a faint smile, the way he smiled was very different from when his face was expressionless, as if the wind was blowing through the forest and the ice and snow were melting.