Chapter 17

The greenette sits up and rubs his eyes. His elbow accidentally tapped something. He looks to his right to see Yuki sleeping while sitting up against the wall. Ren's face coated in a soft tint of pink. A voice says, "So Ren does like Yuki."

The green haired male turned to see a few nosey students, "Huh? No, it's not like that, and be quiet. He's asleep."

Yuki's hazel eyes opened, "How did you sleep, Ren?"

Kito says, "The first half of the time he was asleep, we were debating over here, then it seemed as if Ren had a nightmare for the 3rd quarter, then it was quiet for the last quarter."

Yuki asks with a compassionate tone, "What was it this time?"

Ren looks down to the bed he is on. He was silent for a minute, then spoke, "Nothing big."

Everyone could tell he wasn't telling the truth. They all look at the forced smile he gives to everyone around the room. Kito's grandmother walks in, "I baked cookies. They're in the kitchen."

Everyone turned towards the silver-haired woman. Yuki looks at Ren, who looked confused, "I forgot, you've never had a cookie, yet. Have you?"

Ren shakes his head, "I've heard more positive comments than negative."

Yuki takes Ren's wrist, "C'mon. They're amazing."

Ren didn't budge. He was frozen again. Yuki stepped back onto the bed and grabbed Ren's arms. He held them over his shoulders and gave Ren a piggyback ride. Ren had a small smile on his face. Yuki's giving him experiences that he never got comfortably as a child. It's like watching a small child grow. He set Ren down on the ground when they got to the kitchen.

Yuki turned and gave a smile to Ren, "It looks like you're getting over your phobia. You're still pretty stiff, but not as much as you used to be. That's a good sign."

A plate of cookies was held in front of Ren, everyone agreeing he'd take today's first bite. He grabbed a cookie that was warm in his hands. Kito smiles, his tail moving back and forth at his ankles, "Take a bite."

The male with dyed, green hair took a bite of the warm chocolate chip cookie. He felt the warm chocolate against his tongue as he chewed on the bite he took. Ren started to tear up as Ren's tail moved back and forth behind his head, like a dog with treats. Tears streamed down his face when he took another bite. Kito's grandmother handed everyone a cookie. Before long, everyone was already done. The silver haired woman says, "Why don't we go for a walk, kids?"

Kito smiles, "I've seen the property online, now I can see it in person!"

Ren smiles and chuckles at Kito's enthusiasm.

They admired the nature that they had as their property. Ren looked down when walking, looking down at his shoes. Kito stops Ren, "Hey. Y'know. This is the truest lyrics from a song. Ren, as long as I am here, no one can hurt you."

Ren chuckles, "You listen to Billie Eilish?"

Kito laughs, "Some."

Kito pulls Ren back with the crowd that is following his grandmother. Ren looked at Kito in awe as he walked behind him.

Then I hope you stay, Kito.

After the walk, they went back inside, unsure of what to do now. Chleo says, "We should get some clothes, we can't stay in these forever."

Henry says, "Charlotte- I mean Chleo is right."

Reika says, "Why don't I just eat something and make clothing? Though it may not be enough for all of us. If anyone goes shopping, it has to be anyone but Yuki, Kanoe, Ren, Katsumi, Usamiyo, and Kito. All six of you guys have visible and obvious scars. All that has to be done for the biggest hunt to go on is for your face to be seen on TV."

The 5 knew it was true. They wouldn't be able to go out until it calmed down. They turned on the TV, the news actually, the first words being heard is, "And now some news from Horizon. There were 64 notified escapees."

Kito says, "There's only 63 of us."

Ren's eyes went wide before a picture or name was released, "Shigaraki..."

Yuki turned to the screen with widened eyes, seeing if Ren was right. The screen had a square in th corner with a picture of a crusty, old looking, white-haired male. The reporter on the news says, "The riencarnation of Tomura Shigaraki escaped from Horizon, separately from 63 students."

The screen filled with pictures set in an array of 7 and 9, making 63, showing all of the students. Everyone looked at the screen with widened eyes. A silver-haired woman says, "I can go shopping. I don't mind."

Kito says, "Thanks, grandma."

She replied, "No problem."

Though turning us in would've given a big reward, she decided to keep us safe and hidden as best she could. She was someone who made me feel safe here. The fact that Kito's grandma is this amazing is astonishing. She's someone that people need to take up after. I bet she would still do what she's doing now, even if she had no money. She's something pure in today's society.

She opened the front door after what felt like no time at all. Outside is a car. We could see the whole thing stuffed with bags. The woman says, "The clothes are in bags, each with a name on it."

She took all this time to figure out our clothing size and our names. She took all that time to label each bag. She's doing all of this for us.

Everyone finds the bag with their name. Each fit and had about a week of clothing. Ren looks in the bag with a smile and teary eyes. This stranger was doing a lot for them. Ren started to cry in happiness. He wiped his tears away, "Thank you. Thank you so much."

The silver-haired woman gave a smile, "No problem, deary."

(Not gonna lie, grandma, don't most traitorous old Grandma's say that? Calling them "Deary"?)

Ren smiles at the woman. The male takes his bag and waves, going back inside, "Thank you again."

Kito stands at the door, wearing a tanktop with a "29" on it, and shorts that have a stripe run down along the side, "Are you ready?"

Ren asks, "Ready for what?"

Flames sprout on Kito's head, "I want you to learn how to activate it first, then work on controlling it."

Ren looks to the ground, "Alright..."

Ren wasn't completely sure if he wanted to learn these abilities, but if it'll help his friends in the future, he'll put anything and everything on the line for them. The green haired male looked at the purple haired male, "I'll do it."

Kito chuckles, "Episode 3, halfway through the episode right before they switch to the Degobah scene."

I look at him unamused, "Can we not?"

Kito pouts, "Fine."

Kito leads Ren to a patio, "We'll train here, ready?"

Ren nods, "Ready."