Chapter 10

|》《|14 years ago|》《|

A knock is heard at the door. The mother with green eyes and shimmering emerald hair sets her two kids down in cribs side by side. One had hair like hers, and the other had hair that looked like rubies in the light. Another knock is heard at the door. The mother opens the door to see her best friend. She had light blonde hair that reached the top of her waist. She invites the woman in, and the blonde goes to look at the children. She always looks at them before sitting on the sofa. She says, "Ren and Taki seem to get cuter by the day."

The pan on the stove starts to bubble, and the mother with forest eyes runs into the kitchen. She stirred the 1st pan, and as the second one started to boil, she realized that the utensil she would have to use was on the other side of the kitchen. She replies to the blonde, "They really do, don't they?"

She looks back to see the blonde still staring at her kids. She reaches her hand out and creates a hand motion, slowly bringing the spoon towards her in the air. The spoon falls, hits the counter, and then the floor. The woman at the stove freezes and looks at the blonde. The blonde turned in confusion and noticed the spoons' distance from the chef. Both of their eyes go wide. The blonde put a phone behind her back and dialed a number, 911. It's not just used for regular emergencies anymore. A voice is heard, loud enough to be faintly heard around the room, "911. What is your emergency?"

It's silent for a second. The blonde stares at the frozen mother. She quickly puts the phone up to her face, "She... S-She... She's a Riencarnate!"

The person on the phone asks, "Who? Can you give us a name? We'll be over there right away."

The blonde answers the receiver, "Lauren Minoyaki!"

The emerald haired woman stares at the blond. Green eyes lock with blue. Lauren stands up straight and tense. The receiver of the call says, "We'll send people there immediately."

The woman with green eyes looked at the blonde in disbelief. She'd never thought her best friend would give her away so easily. She looks down to the ground, then at her kids. She wouldn't have that faker take care of them. The blonde turns to Lauren's kids, "I have no doubt they're Riencarnates, too."

The girl with green eyes asks, "I suppose you would also take care of them, then throw them out to the government if they are Riencarnates? I'm assuming it's for the money... Normal people can go to Horizon as long as they are related to a Reincarnate, so they're coming with me."

She grabs her purse, baby supplies, and other stuff. She steps next to her children's cribs, "Step out of my house. If you want money that bad, I don't care. You can have your money, but you can stand outside, Kate. You just robbed my children of a good life. I hope you're happy with that."

The blonde looks down and steps outside. Sirens are heard within minutes. She picks up her children and goes outside. She gives a passive-aggressive glare at the blue-eyed blonde. She walks down the stairs. Carrying her children in her hands. The officers look at the woman with children. The door opens to her upset face. She looks down at the ground, seeing each foot move as she takes a step. She sits in the officer's car as the officer pulls out a twins baby seat. The door closes, and she buckles her children in the seat, then straps the seat to the car seat. Once again, ocean eyes lock with forest eyes as the car drives off. Once hitting a certain point, Lauren turns away. The car drives off into the distance.

|》《|Present time|》《|

|》《|3rd PoV main story line|》《|

Yuki looks at Ren and chuckles. The redhead turns to Yuki, "What's funny?"

Yuki answers, "Your hair is a mess. Is that your bedhead?"

Ren answers, "Actually, yes... it was probably from the bag."

Ren quickly brushes through his hair with his fingers, attempting to fix it, "You act like you can be talking about messy hair. You don't tell anyone anything about my hair, or I'll tell Kanoe about his hero outfit."

Yuki nods in fear. Yuki stole and wore Kanoe's outfit a few weeks back. His impression was hilarious, but he was really embarrassed. Ren peeks his head around the corner, making sure that they can get out unseen. Ren's red hair immediately reverted back to a mess.

The cost is clear, and they walk out from behind the corner

The cost is clear, and they walk out from behind the corner. Yuki holds in his laughing. He follows behind Ren as they find the back way out. They look up, avoiding cameras. There was a counter, they get to the ground as doctors walked in the hallway in front of them. Ren peeks his head around the corner as he is still on the ground. The coast is clear, they have to run down the hallway to reach the back exit, but they want to avoid anyone who may be on the other side of the door next to them, leading to the waiting room. They stare at the door they're aiming for. When a doctor walks from one room to another, they hear a door close and start running down the hall. They reach for the handle as someone shouts, "Hey! What are you doing back here?!"

Ren and Yuki turn to look at the young adult brunette. They both shout in unison, "Sorry, we didn't mean for anything to happen. We're just trying to get out. Bye!"

They both turn to the door. Ren turns the handle, and they both run out. They start running as fast as they can. The place they were at originally was on the way to the Academy. If they weren't at the battle sight, waiting. They would be at the Academy. What if they were there? What if they left them behind?