!𝐅𝐄𝐌 𝐘/𝐍! 𝐱 𝐀𝐥𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐯 𝐂𝐲𝐧𝐨, 𝐓𝐮𝐠-𝐚-𝐖𝐚𝐫

Alhaithem didn't know how he got roped into guarding a special lady with Cyno, of all people. It wasn't something he particularly enjoyed doing in his past time. Alas, he was promised a wealthy sum of mora and apparently, Cyno got more mora than him. It was a Sumerian festival hosted by the Archon of Sumeru, inviting all the citizens and select special guests to the Akademiya. He and Cyno were given a brief overview of the woman they were to guard, she was old royalty from Great Red Sand. 

"Lady Red," Cyno murmured, falling into place with a knee to the ground, respecting her rank. Alhaithem narrowed his eyes at the royal lady dressed in the shade of red with specters of gold and onyx. Cyno's eyes burned in his direction and Alhaithem finally knelt down, "Lady," He grumbled with his eyes cast downward, refusing to look up at her. "Please there's no need to kneel, I'm very grateful for you both being my escorts." Her voice was like honey, besides the quiet rasp she had at the end of her words. Cyno and Alhaithem stood up simultaneously and stepped aside so she could stride toward the entrance of the gala. "Come, let us enjoy ourselves." Alhaithem fought back a scoff and noticed Cyno glaring in his direction again. What, he mouthed, earning an eye-roll from Cyno who merely looked at him in disgust.

The doors opened before them and she toward forward, a giant grin stretched across her lips as she stood among the rest of the special guests. Alhaithem recognized the floating fairy and the wandering traveler beside Nahida. Regaining focus Alhaithem overheard a thank you, and watched Cyno hold out his hand to help her down the stairs. His eyes gleamed with pride as if this princess was someone dear to him. Alhaithem jogged down the stairs and held out his hand, and Y/N beamed at him, gladly taking his hand. Cyno rolled his eyes at Alhaithem's attempt of being a gentleman to a princess. He never knew how to disguise his emotions from his face, and Cyno could see him challenging him. "Lady, would you like anything?" Alhaithem inquired, drawing her attention from the musicians back to the two. "I'd love to dance if you'd kindly join me!" Alhaithem deeply bowed, holding out a hand, and led her to the dance floor where a waltz began to echo across the hall. 

Cyno watched Alhaithem's hand rest on her lower back of revealed skin, holding Y/N close to him. He was doing it on purpose. Out of spite, to annoy the death out of him. Cyno narrowed his eyes as he stood beside her chair and her handbag. A couple attempted sitting down across from her chair, and Cyno cleared his throat gaining their attention. "Unfortunately, this table is reserved for the Princess of Red Sand, Y/N L/N." The man's lady rolled her eyes at his declaration, "Of course it is," she grumbled, tugging along her gentleman. "Always are the royals treated better than us." Cyno refrained from defending the princess from his homeland, he refused to give Alhaithem the upper hand in whatever game they played for the attention of Y/N. 

As the waltz ended, Y/N squeezed Alhaithems hand as she led them back to the table, "Would you like to dance with me, sir?" Her crimson glove extended toward Cyno, completely ignoring Alhaithem's heated glare toward Cyno. Cyno glanced at Alhaithem, and a smile formed on his pale lips, "Who would I be to decline an offer from a royal." "Oh you're too much, General." She laughed, as he guided them to the floor once again. Her hand draped across his shoulder, and Cyno met her unwavering gaze, "You are from the Red Sands, yes?" Cyno's eyes widened at her observation. "What makes you assume that, Lady." She patted his shoulder, with a devious smile. "Your accent, we pronounce certain words differently," Y/N murmured, meeting Cyno's gaze. "Your friend is quite the charmer, is he a librarian in his past time? He spoke about literature with an abnormal passion." Cyno held back the laugh, as he glanced back at Alhaithem standing beside Y/N's singular table, his gaze met Cyno's and his frown deepened.

"He is a very well-known Scribe for the Akademiya, he was part of the quest to free our Archon." Y/N's eyes widened with surprise, "Really?" She whispered and glanced back at the Scribe. "It is a very handsome fellow, even if he frowns too much for my liking." Cyno remained quiet at the princess's comment about his dear old friend. "The dance is coming to an end," Cyno whispered dropping his gaze lower, not wanting to meet her glowing eyes. 

Cyno sat Y/N down as performers dashed onto the floor, and music erupted from all corners of the room. "Beautiful," Y/N's whispered as she leaned forward to rest her chin on her palm, to watch the dancers sway with elegance. Alhaithems gaze traced over the curve of Y/N's neck, and her painted red lips. She dressed to impress, the people, to remind them the people of the desert still exist. "Alhaithem?" She whispered, and a smile formed on his lips at the sound of her name leaving her lips. "Yes, Lady?" He bent down to listen to her more carefully. "Cyno explained to me that you assisted our Archon in her desperate time, yes?" Alhaithem furrowed his brows and felt Cyno's gaze on them, overhearing their conversation. "I did, Lady." She smiled up at him, "I thank you for it, if it were not for her, Kusinali may have never revived my family's royalty." Alhaithem's eyes widened, "You were not royal before?" 

She let out a quiet chuckle, "Oh dear, I always have been and we were a very powerful line but the Akademiya removed us from their book of respected royalty," Y/N informed him on something, he believed he'd have basic knowledge over. "I remember the day they did that," Cyno muttered, grasping her attention. "I fought against it but my rank and respectability did nothing." 

Y/N looked back at the dancers dressed in desert silks and smiled. "I have a request for both of you." She began without looking at the two, though they both saw her devious smile. "I prefer you both not to squabble while guarding me, it ruins the moment if two grown men are challenging each other."