40 - Orphanale

(TW; Includes Sewerslidal topics)

Catra had been sitting with Adora, Bow and Glimmer when the door swung open, and Naeva leaned against the frame.

‘What?!’ Catra hissed

‘C'yra…..she tried to throw herself off bridge due to her grief over Amato.’

Catras eyes widened.

She stood from her seat and stormed down to C'yras room.

The Empress was leaning back against the beds headboard with a distraught expression.

‘Mom!’

Her eyes flicked to Catra.

‘Mhmm..?’

‘How could you?!’

C'yra was confused.

‘If you had succeeded, Lyric, Mav, Ris, Naeva, me, you would be leaving us all behind to handle our own grief of losing you!’

Oh.

Catras crying. The empress' duvet is clenched in her fists, rivulets of tears stream down either side of her face.

She drops forward, shaking.

C'yra allows her to curl up beside her, and even encourages Naeva to do the same on the other side.

The two cry into her chest. Years of pent up tears streaming out the moment an actual chance is given.

C'yras eyes flutter closed.

She can still feel the tremors of sobs shaking the young magicat duos figures as they cry hard.

They were both to young for this, she thinks.

This has gone on long enough, Adora thinks as she stands over Amatos body.

He isn't dead yet due to her keeping him alive through She-ra, but she was running out of time.

Day after day, he grew weaker, and her ability to heal it became more scarce.

She hadn't yet told anyone what she was doing. Raising the dead was too much for anyone to process.

She had struggled greatly with it at the beginning, but as Amatos life flew into graver tones, she had severely reduced her struggling.

This family was the reason Catra was happy, the reason they still knew who each other were, the reason Catra left the Horde, everything.

She would not allow all of it to slip through the cracks to utter perishment.

She had been to bring Amato back for good soon.

But as she grew stronger with each passing day, Amato had grown deader.

She recalled what had happened a few moments beforehand.

C'yra attempting to commit something very bad and being saved by Naeva, all over the Emperor. She seriously loved him, and doesn't hide it.

Adora thinks about Maverick, Aeris and Lyric. Who may have just been orphaned if Naeva wasn't there.

It seemed that Amato was an incredibly inspiring person, seeing as so much had happened since his “death”.

Adora sighed and turned away.

Maybe she should speak to Angella, maybe the angry bird might have something intelligent to say for once.