8 - Defected

Over the next few days, Adora was incredibly distraught.

Her conversation with Catra left her feeling overwhelmed with guilt.

Bow tried to help, but Glimmer stayed rooted with rage.

But after some cool off time, Glimmer suggested they go swimming.

Adora reluctantly agreed, but Bow said yes immediately.

----------

'Guys'

The two girls turn to Bow whos staring intently st something close by.

Its Aeris, Catra, C'yra and Amato.

The magicat king is singing melodiously, while strumming a ukelele and dancing across the top of a wall. C'yra is laughing.

But the eyes of all three are on Catra. Shes dressed in a red sarong skirt, and a lacy black bikini top with butterfly sleeves. A braid of silky chestnut hair hangs over her shoulder, tied with a ribbon at the end.

Adora glances back at Bow and Glimmer, only to be shocked into deeper silence by their drooling.

The magicat family don't even notice them.

They watch as Amato sends an angry Catra floating above the water, and then dropping her in.

Shes then chased around by Aeris and C'yra. The queen magicat attempting to slick down her fur with suncream as she did so.

But after a while, the family settled down beside them. Catra lay on her stomach on the warm sand, while Aeris sat with her legs cross in front of C'yra, while Amato lay beside Catra, humming to an unfamiliar tune.

Glimmer and Bow could both see the hurt in Adoras eyes as she watched her ex best friend with her family. As if she had never tore her heart to shreds.

Her chance came when her parents and Aeris went into the water, and Catra went off to the bathrooms.

When she came out, she wandered over near the grass, when suddenly, she was pounced on. The next thing she knew, she was lying on her stomach, her wrists bound with a thick ripe, with thick mittens over her hands and strangely enough, her feet.

Adora was sending her a half hearted glare.

'I need answers'

'And I need freedom. Suck it up stranger. We don't know each other anymore.'

Catra kicked the mittens off her feet and used her teeth to get them off her hands. Then, she used her claws to cut through the rope. There were burns on her wrists now.

'Goodbye. for the last time'

Catra strutted back to the beach as if it never happened. Adora was getting angry. Incredibly so.

She soon followed pace with Catra, and when she reached Glimmer and Bow. She asked when they were going back to Brightmoon.

'Tomorrow morning. what happened up there? what did you do that took so long?' Glimmer glowered at her from under her ridiculously large straw hat.

'I banged into Catra. She acted like she had never met me before.' her eyes followed the magicat, who was now playing tag with the younger magicat, Aeris.

She blinks back tears of frustration and turns to her friends.

'Can we go now? I'm really hungry and want a shower before we get dinner'

'Alright, lets go!' Glimmer grabs them and teleports away in a cloud of glitter. A moment later, the trio are in the shower rooms.

'Enjoy your shower! Glimmer and I will get you when dinners ready!' Bow called out as the door slams shut and shes left alone.

At some point during her shower, she just slumps by the drain, and closes her eyes. Wishing she had brought Catra with her that fateful night.

But she made her choices. Now she has to live with them.