Prologue

Beast island.

Thats where she was destined to die.

Catra shuddered, and curled up even more into the corner of the metal ship. When another blast of wave hit and she was thrown across the room.

Then all hell breaks loose.

The ship starts to twist and turn uncontrollably ad it began to sink. They were now hurtling to the bottom of the sea.

The door of the room Catra was flung open, and the next moment they had abandoned her near the coast of their destination, laying in the sea bed, drowning.

She was regretting not taking the Horde swimming lessons. But she doubted they would've worked anyways.

Darkness. Darkness and the pressure of water. It weighed down her body, pinning her to the soft seabed, compressing her lungs, clogging her nose, making her eyes burn. Fish flash silver across her vision. Kelp curls around her ankles. Webs of coral sprout in a gnarled cage. A purple-pink glimmer seeps through the deep grey of the chasm of water, but is extinguished in a cloud of black.

Shes choking. Dying. Drowning. What would Adora think?

She tried to rid her thoughts of the blonde, and allow herself to die in peace. Atleast here, at the bottom of the ocean, she would never have to rise still in fear of Hordak, Shadow Weaver or the alliance. Of Adora. Her beloved Adora.

Silver, pink, purple, orange, gold-yellow, a palette of sunset and sweetness.

Her eyes ache from the salty water. she feels herself giving up, and her eyes focus on the billowing shimmer of colors blazing across the surface of the water.

Her eyesight falls into an even deeper state of blurred.

And the last thing she saw, were two people of her kind, around her age, looking down at her in fear and horror.

Then everything stopped.