17 - Phonecall: Declined.

Tw: Detailed gore .etc.

Lyric yawned and stretched her arms.

It was six in the morning, and she had just finished eating the toast she had made for herself.

She got up from her bed, leaving her phone there, while she went to brush her hair.

But just as she sat down the brush, she heard her phone ringing.

Someone from an unknown number was calling her.

Being who she was, Lyric picked up the phone and said hello.

'Is this Lyric D'riluth'

'Yes, Who is this?'

'That doesn't matter. I have a question for you. Answer incorrectly and there will be dire consequences '

'O-oh...alright...'

Lyric wasn't sure what to think, she decided it must be a little prank from village kids, but she went along anyway.

'and before we begin. I would like to let you know that the consequences are painful death. I am outside your bedroom'

She froze as tapping on the door caught her attention.

'Hear that? Now. The question '

Lyric wanted to cry.

'Who founded the ancient Purrsian city of Feraltine?'

'I-I....It was Cattus!'

She answered correctly! Or so she thought.

'I am afraid that..You are incorrect.'

Her heart dropped. She was on her ninth life, she was going to die now, and there would be no reviving.

'B-But I am!' She sobs, unable to control it any longer.

'No. It was Cattus and Lyxra, who founded Feraltine.'

'N-No!' Lyric practically screams.

'I am in your room.'

She grabs the knife from her bedside locker and backs up against the wall.

Suddenly, the phone call ends, and she frantically types Amatos number in. He doesn't answer. Hes still asleep.

Then, in a moment of horror, a gloved hand was clamped over her mouth, and the dagger was snatched out of her hands and plunged into her abdomen.

She screamed in agony as she was thrown to the floor. The figure ripped the dagger out, and drove it through her leg, and dragged it down. Fur and flesh were torn to reveal the inside of the limb as the heavily injured princess made weak attempts at escaping the figures grasp.

They pulled the dagger from her leg, and she attempted to wriggle away, only for them to kick her hard and send her flying toward the bed, smearing blood across the polished, marble floors.

Lyric hit her head with a loud thud against the wood, she reached out for her phone as she saw that her father hsd picked up the phone.

'D-dad! Help me! Pl-' She was cut off by the excruciating scream she let out as the figure shoved the dagger right through her hand.

'Lyric?! Darling, Where are you?!'

'My room! Dad please save me I'm going to die please I'm sorry for everything bad I've ever done'

'Turn the clock down' The figures ruff voice said once she had finished, and ended the call for her.

Thundering footsteps came louder as the guards and royal family ran to Lyrics chambers.

But the princess was feeling cold. Tired. Pained...

A nap felt nice..

She didn't know when the figure escaped, but now she was being nursed in Naevas arms, who of which was begging her to stay awake.

'Songbird please..remember our oath...?' Tears slipped down the furred cheeks of the head guard.

'If I die, cover me in rose petals and put me to rest in the moonshine lake' Was all Lyric responded with.

'Oh Lyric....I love you more than anything, but us in itself is treason..

'If I betray the law, I betray my nation. My nation is very dear to me.' Lyric whispers.

'Dearer than I?' Naeva replies.

'No, never could anything be more lovely then you. If my wish for how I'd like to go to rest happens, then I want you to dance by the lake in the moonlight each night, dressed in the finest clothing, as my spirit watches with adoration. As even in death, I shall stand enchanted, bewitched, spellbound by your beauty. By you.'

'As I of you, my beloved songbird.' Naeva looks upon her lover, and Lyric only now takes notice of the pearl like tears in the corners of the fierce guards eyes.

Naeva lowers her head, to place a gentle kiss on Lyrics forehead.

And only then does the princess realise that she too, is crying.

Amato couldn't explain what had happened when asked.

He had only heard anything from the phonecall.

But he didn't need to. The healers and cooks quickly put together atleast an explanation, as the cooks had spoken to the princess that morning as she made her toast, and the healers from inspecting the wounds.

But one thing was certain.

The Visha Killer had mercilessly struck. And their was no coming back from it.