✭ 25

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。

❀ a bright and protective star ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

a bright and protective star
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Riki was running through the hospital. He didn't want to stop and he wanted to get to Hana's room as quickly as possible.

He reached the corridor to her room and saw the nurse who had helped him coming out of Hana's room, one hand over her mouth and her eyes firmly shut, as if she were preventing herself from screaming.

She was breathing heavily and her other head was against the wall.

She noticed Riki's presence and began to wipe away her tears. They looked at each other in silence. There was no light, only the few windows in the corridor.

Riki's arms hung down his body and he held his photo of Hana in his fingertips.

He felt his heart tremble and squeeze in his chest and his stomach began to tighten.

His body began to shake and his throat ached terribly.

A tear slipped down his cheek and he shook his head, running his tongue down his cheek.

None of this could be true.

Hana was still breathing.

Her heart was still beating.

It couldn't be any other way !

Riki knelt down and pressed the photo to his heart. He couldn't stop crying.

All you could hear was his crying in the silent hospital.

It was a horrible feeling.

As if his heart were being ripped out alive.

As if everything that had ever made him happy was disappearing and he would never be able to experience such happy moments again in his life.

He wished he could have stayed with her all day without letting go of her hand once. He would have drawn her again and brought her beautiful flowers for her 17th birthday.

Riki got up quickly and rushed into Hana's room.

The room was grey and neutral. All the colours from the photos he'd hung on the walls this morning were gone.

There was no bouquet, no notebook.

And no more noise.

What kept her alive was stopping and a straight line was drawn on the board that calculated her pulse.

Hana was there, on her bed, as beautiful as ever.

Riki's vision was blurred by the tears he couldn't stop.

He saw on her bedside table the photo he'd slipped under her door this morning before leaving for class.

She hadn't even been able to read what he'd written to her this morning. She hadn't been able to see all the photos they'd taken together and that he'd stuck on the wall to give colour to the room they hated.