✭ 17

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。

❀ just a little water ━━━━━━━━━━

just a little water
━━━━━━━━━━

At last she could breathe in the air that was coming towards her face. It was pure, fresh air.

Her hair fluttered in the wind and she could see the beach in the distance.

Riki slowed his bike down to take in the view.

The sun would be up in a few minutes, but for now it was still dark. There weren't many cars on the road and the streetlights were still on.

Some flats were still plunged into darkness while others were getting out of their houses to go to work.

Hana put her head on Riki's back to enjoy the view.

She saw an old couple leaving their house, hands in hands, smiling broadly before kissing, proof that love can exist until the last breath.

Hana closed her eyes to stop herself crying.

She would never live through this, never marry and never grow old. She'll never know what it's like to be in the thirties, forties or fifties that everyone talks about, because she won't be around to complain.

She rested her chin on Riki's shoulder to whisper: "You'll enjoy life, Riki. Promised ? "

The young man straightened up, too tense after hearing this sentence. He put a hand on Hana's cold hands that were still around his waist and said, hoping his voice wouldn't break: "We'll enjoy life together, my Hana, don't say things like that."

His heart clenched, then he stopped to get off his bike and go to the beach.

The two of them sat down on the still cold sand and looked out at the sea together.

"Why did you want to come here, Hana ?"

She breathed in and stood up, holding out her hand for Riki to get up too.

"I've always loved the beach. The sound of the sea, the waves, the birds. I've always loved it all. We used to go there every weekend with my mum and it was on this beach that I learnt to swim and that I swam alone for the first time. A week before my mother left, she took me here and said: "Hana, if one day we can no longer be together, keep me in your heart. I'll stay there forever."

Hana and Riki entered the water while they were still dressed. In fact, they hadn't planned to swim in the cold sea.

Hana turned to the young man and said: "I just like being here, Riki, it makes me think of something else. It makes me forget my everyday life and what's going on inside me. I've never been back here since she left, I don't really know why."

As the water began to reach their stomachs, Riki took Hana in his arms and said in the hollow of her ear: "I can't wait to celebrate your birthday, my Hana, it's going to be the happiest day of my life."

She gritted her teeth. She wanted to tell Riki that no, they wouldn't be celebrating this important day together.

That it would be a miracle if she lasted that long. That there was nothing more she could do and that her heart would soon be imprisoned by her own blood, but Riki didn't want to believe any of this.

He was convinced that Hana would have time to celebrate her birthday. That he would have time to wish her joy and happiness. He was sure of it.

To change the mood, Riki splashed Hana in the face, who was still in his arms. She freed herself from him and did the same, and the two began to play together under the light of the first rays of the sun.

Riki grabbed Hana by the hips and threw her further into the water. Once back on the surface, Hana caught her breath for a moment and tried to run towards Riki, but she stopped in mid-stride to catch her breath.

"Oh, bad idea, isn't it ?" said Riki, losing his smile.

"It's not your fault, nini."

He moved closer to her and picked her up on his back to lift her out of the water.

"Hana, I want to believe in it."

Hana tightened her embrace around him and breathed before saying: "I'd like to be crazy enough to believe it too."

Riki turned his head towards her and said, almost pleadingly: "But you're going to hang in there, aren't you ?"

She nodded with a small smile.

She would hold out for her Riki and only for him.

They returned to the beach and sat talking for a good hour, then set off again by the same route they had come by.

Riki took Hana back to hospital for a final check-up before she could go home.

A heart check.

Riki was very scared for her. In fact, he was terrified for his girl.

His heart and stomach were tight and he wasn't feeling very well, so one of the first things he did when he arrived home was to take out a canvas and paint. He wanted to be in his own bubble with his favourite music.

This time, he wouldn't give his painting to Hana. He would be the only one to see it.

He put his favourite music on his headphones and mixed the colours to give his work the best possible result.

Evening was beginning to arrive and the sun was setting in front of him as he finished his painting. He put down his brush and moved away from his canvas to get a better look at the result.

 He put down his brush and moved away from his canvas to get a better look at the result

He was very proud of what he had just done.

So, not wanting to change his habits, he turned his canvas and wrote a few lines on it.

"Me, falling in love with you in the best place. For my Hana, the first person I ever loved. The one for whom I would give all my happiness. The one who will live to be 17, and who will be happy for the rest of her life.

for my flower girl<3"

Riki took out Hana's list and ticked the box for:  Going to the beach again. Riki wished she'd ticked two boxes at once, especially the second: See the stars with someone I love.

Because it was dark by then. They could see the stars even if they were starting to disappear because of the sun, but only Hana could tick that box, only she had that power.

So he put his list away and Riki went off to bed.

༺❦༻

thanks for reading this far <3
I'll try to write better in the future ;)
Feel free to leave a vote or comment!