✭ 06

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

❀ broken egg ━━━━━━━

broken egg
━━━━━━━

Riki was talking with his friends when he saw Hana putting her things away in her locker.

He thought about yesterday without paying attention to what his friends were saying. He just wanted to remember the girl with her hair blowing in the wind that he was drawing, the look in her eyes and just her.

He was convinced that Hana was overdoing it, that she was subconsciously making her illness worse because she was afraid of what could happen to her, but Riki was sure that she would live a long long time.

Without saying a word, he left his group of friends to go and meet this girl. He closed the door of her locker before saying, "How are you Hana, are you feeling well today ?"

She nodded and her eyes crinkled because of her big smile. Riki tried to hold back his but seeing her happy was the best thing in the world.

It's strange because joy is prettier on the people you know are sad. You think that people who are always smiling are used to joy, so it's an emotion you see a lot in them, but when you see sad and unhappy people smiling, suddenly, joy seems much more real and much stronger.

Today, Riki saw joy in someone who was sad, and it was so beautiful. Joy looked good on her.

"Yesterday morning was perfect, thank you nini !" she said, widening her smile even more. "Tell me, you kept your drawing, right ?"

"I ended up keeping it, but I had to look at it for a long time before I saw an ounce of beauty in it." he crossed his arms over his chest and rested his shoulder on the locker next to him.

"You're exaggerating." Hana rolled her eyes, wondering how Riki couldn't see the talent he had for drawing.

She started walking down the corridor and Riki followed her saying,"You know, a lot of people have come up to me to congratulate you on your piano performance. I'm not the only one who thinks you play wonderfully."

Hana smiled absently. She was thinking of her mother. How many times had she played this melody just for her ?

And now she had played it in front of her whole school, and every single person in that room had loved it.

Riki looked at Hana with a gentle gaze, then took her hand before leading her somewhere.

"Riki, what are you doing ?"

"Trust me." he smiled broadly, she didn't know where he was going to take her, but he seemed to have had an idea.

"Riki, I don't think that's a good idea."

"What's dangerous about it ?" he said as he opened the canteen door. "I'm sick of eating anything good for lunch."