~eleven~

Crying, Y/N arrived back at the dorm after a tough school day.

Maybe this is what the voice meant: people you love dying may not mean literally, but the people slowly drift apart...

Y/N messily scribbles on a spare piece of paper, which also coincidentally happened to be Jieun's timetable.

*one new message*

Y/N unlocks her phone to check who is messaging her.

Jake

Jake: Hey, I just found out, not naming anyone, but Jieun was only faking being your friend to get cozy with Niki, I'm so sorry. Anyways, I'm coming over whether you like it or not

Y/N: Fine

In the next minutes of waiting for Jake to arrive, Y/N plays the dangerous waiting game. Dangerous, how so? She's playing with Death.

"Hey, Y/N! How are you?" Jake asks as he sits down on Y/N's bed. "And, what happened to Nabi's bed?"

"I'm contemplating about whether or not life is worth living. Nabi threw her mattress, bed sheets and quilt's out and she ordered some new shit. She's currently now migrated to the floor, which has been deep cleaned at least 5 times so it's very clean, thanks to Soon" Y/N replies.

"Believe me, life is worth living, just because one thing goes south, doesn't mean everything will go south. Bad things will happen so good things and come." Jake softly responds looking at a crestfallen Y/N.

"People leave, but I never thought Jieun would be one. She was my best friend, just like Sunghoon but in the end, they all leave me just when a small light of hope comes through and it all gets dark once more" Y/N says as tears start flowing.

"Be careful of whom you trust, sugar and salt look the same. You'll be ok, come here" Jake whispers embracing Y/N in a comforting hug, he was like the older brother Y/N once had.

Y/N had lost her brother to suicide a few years back. Things at home was not looking well and the pressure of having to take care of the whole house was bought upon him. Of course, there was Yejun but since Yejun was so young, he doesn't remember having an older brother. Y/N doesn't tell him anything about their older brother to prevent from him from doing anything stupid to find more out. Her older brother meant everything to her. He would play for hours on end with her and always made sure she won any games or competitions. He was like the father figure Y/N never had. Their parents had always been alcoholics and are extremely abusive. Y/N's brother was always there to protect her from them, no matter how much he had to suffer. It was for her...

"Thank you" Y/N sniffs.

"I'll always be here for you, you're like a little sister to me" Jake says.

"How's Niki?" Y/N asks as Jake is shocked at her sudden question.

"A little broken. You know, he actually was drunk. Go talk to him" Jake replies.

"At this point, I don't even give a fuck. Like what was he doing with Jieun anyways?" Y/N questions as she starts pacing around the room, like a detective, lost in thoughts.

"Well, he was out drinking and he wanted to talk to you and then Jieun and him ended up you know what" Jake begins.

"AIN'T HE A MINOR?!" Y/N yells almost blowing up Jake's eardrums.

"He is but he has a low alcohol tolerance and Jay gave him like 3 sips and he was all cuckoo after" Jay replies.

"Oh, PARK JONGSUNG YOU BITCH!" Y/N yells again, almost blowing Jake's other ear drum.

"So you admit you still love him?" Jake questions.

"I had a weird dream last night, some voice said, something along the lines of 'people you love will die' and something about a person I loved before and still love" Y/N responds avoiding the direct question.

"Who did you love before?" Jay asks.

"Niki...." Y/N suddenly realises she still loves him. After everything he did, she still cared. The words, 'if you still cry over it, it still matters' plaster over Y/N's mind.

"Go find him, talk to him" Jake whispers. "I'm heading home, good luck"

*two new messages*

1st message is from Jake.

Jake

Jake: Hwaiting!

2nd message is from Niki (surprisingly, Y/N still has his contact)

Bitch JNR

Bitch JNR: Can we talk?

Y/N: Fine

Bitch JNR: Meet me at the park where we told each other we loved each other at 7

Y/N: K

It was only 5 so Y/N had plenty of time to kill. She sat down at her desk and started writing on a piece of paper (no one's time table, just a normal piece of paper).

Dear Jieun,

Why did you do what you did? You knew what you were doing and you knew it would hurt me, but somehow that didn't stop you. Does 6 years of friendship mean nothing to you? Were you actually planning to let 6 years of friendship go down the drain just for a tiny bit of the limelight?

I trusted you, but now your words mean nothing because your actions spoke the truth. Your plan was to have Niki to yourself, well congratulations because you lost a friend along the way, if you consider me a friend that it.

Breaking someone's trust is like crumpling a piece of paper. You can smooth it out but it will never be the same again. If you make this piece of paper look new, no creases or damages, then we can become friends again. If your begging was the real truth, then you would do everything to mend our friendship. But it's not about friendship is it?

When Niki and I broke up, I thought you were healing me, but no, you were hurting me more.

I guess what they say is true, sometimes the person you would take a bullet for, ends up being the person behind the gun.

I honestly don't blame you for hurting me, I blame myself for thinking you wouldn't.

Your ex best friend,

Choi Y/N

P.S: And stop apologising to me, it was my mistake for trusting you, not yours. When trust is broken, sorry means nothing, absolutely nothing

Placing the letter in an envelope and sealing it, Y/N picks an outfit to meet Niki with.

(this is what you wear)

Y/N carefully places the letter onto Jieun's desk and leaves the house.

~~At the park~~

"5 minutes, that's all you got" Y/N begins.

"Let me use my time wisely then" Niki replies as he places his lips onto hers.

Sparks are flying crazy. Butterflies exploding everywhere. Y/N couldn't help but kiss him back. He was like a magnet, constantly pulling her towards him.

"I love you, Choi Y/N. Please forgive me and give me one more chance to prove my love for you. Be mine again?" Niki asks.