~eight~

1 month after the break up - Y/N has been a trainee for around 4 months

Author's POV
"Good Morning, Miss Choi Y/N!" the staff greeted as Y/N walked inside the BigHit (HYBE) building, ready to start the day with an amazing (not) lesson on dance.

"Good Morning, students! Today you will dancing with a partner. Your partner is to be the opposite gender of you and your dance will be sexy and intriguing. The song is your choice. You and your partner have 2 weeks to complete this task. I have chosen the partners already, please listen carefully" the dance teacher exclaims as she pulls out a list from her bag.

"First up, Nishimura Riki and Choi Y/N. Second........(and so on, author's imagination is limited, lol)" the teachers starts as both Niki and Y/N glare at each other before painfully walking towards each other. "Everyone, go choose a dance room to occupy, thank you."

"What room?" Niki asks.

"I honestly don't give a fuck, it's a fucking room" Y/N spits.

"Fine, then, Room 1" Niki replies as he opens the door for Y/N, just to realise they aren't together anymore and lets the door close midway, nearly jamming Y/N's hand in the process.

"You motherfucking bitch" Y/N mutters under her breath as she opens the door for herself and steps into the dance room.

The room was quiet due to the silence between the two and the fact that it had noise cancelling walls. The light reflects against the mirror making the glare quite blinding.

"What song?" Y/N asks.

"You pick" Niki replies as he looks at his former lover, both of them were still madly in love with each other, but no one dared to tell the other.

Niki still loved Y/N. He understood why Sunghoon kissed Y/N, because Sunghoon was drunk and Y/N didn't kiss him back. Niki knew why he did what he did, he was simply just caught up in the moment. 

"Hmm, what about Red Lights, StrayKids?" Y/N suggests.

"Don't you think that's a little too sexualising?" Niki asks.

"Nope, didn't you hear the teacher? The more sexy the better and better for our debut" Y/N replies as she connects her phone to the Bluetooth speakers in the room and starts playing Red Lights.

"Come on, we need to practice and choreograph!" Y/N yells over the music.

"I miss this version of you" Niki mumbles as he sees a happy spirited Y/N dancing.

"You said something?" Y/N yells, she heard him right but she wanted to double check.

"Nope" Niki replies turning red and shaking his head. What a way to start the day, am I right?

The two practice over and over again. Sweat drips. Music plays. Shoes screech on the shiny dance floor. Water being chugged down. Eyes glancing back and fourth every now and then.

"I need a break" Y/N says as she sits on the floor.

"Hey, remember that time at the school trip?" Niki asks as a smile appears on his face.

"What? Why would you bring that up?" Y/N asks as she stands back up.

"I don't know, I've been thinking about times" Niki responds as he too stands up and prepares for more practice, Red Lights is practically drilled into their heads now.

"STUDENTS! ONE MORE HOUR LEFT OF PRACTICE UNTIL YOU HAVE TO GO BACK TO YOUR DORMS!" the instructor yells into everyone's dance room and slamming the door behind her.

"Yes!" Y/N yells in delight, especially after being in the same room for 5 hours, stuck with your ex and dancing non stop, who wouldn't be excited to leave?