𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑

~The next morning~

~Song recommended: Too Good by Moonchild ~

My eyes fluttered open, "good morning bambina." A rasp voice called out, I smiled laying on Kyah's bare chest. I looked up seeing her laying there looking down at me, I giggled. "Morning," before standing up stretching. That stretch felt good as fuck

I walked into the bathroom, brushing my teeth. I looked over seeing Jah'Kyah staring at me with the biggest smile on her face. I spat out my toothpaste, rinsing my mouth out with mouthwash. "What? Why are you staring at me?" She got out of bed, walking over to me. "Let's go on a date?" I shook my head no, "Mario is still out there-" "fuck Mario. He's mad his family are all dead. Dead as hell actually. I can protect you know," I was hesitant but agreed she instantly started smiling, giving me a kiss.

"You won't regret it, we'll leave around 7 dress fancy." She quickly turned on the water letting it warm up as she took her clothes off. I jumped into the shower not to long after she did.

༻༺

"I don't know Ajiah, I gotta watch the twins and Mario is still on the lookout." I paced back and forth explaining to Ajiah why this date can't happen.

He bounced Kayler on his leg as he went to sleep, "Don't even use the twins as an excuse because you know I'll forever watch them because they're like my grandkids. And I think it's great for y'all to finally go on a date, I mean y'all have been dating for a while now." I stopped pacing, " I didn't think you'd agree to this." He chuckled, "you thought wrong."

I squinted my eyes, placing my hand on my hip, "You just want me to date your daughter." A wide smile spreads across his face, "It's about damn time you realized that, y'all go great together."

A wide smile spreads across my face, "well I'm glad you think that but I don't know," my smile falls, his face scrunches up, "what do you mean?" I sat down next to him, he walked over to the bed putting Kayler down next to Ka'Ziah while they slept.

"I mean, I love her truly but I don't know how to show her that. What if she gets tired of me, if she doesn't love me, what if I'm not good enough." He rubs my back as I lay my head on his shoulder. "As long as I've known my daughter the only people she's ever taken a bullet for is Killian and I. So she took one for you and wanted to heal and get better for you. Give it a chance. When you find love it's either run from it or give into it, if you run who knows if y'all ever find it again or if it would've lasted. Now some relationships where you find love are lessons but you never know if it's a lesson or true love unless you try." Tears formed in my eyes as he spoke to me. I laughed, "I don't know why I've been so emotional lately." He laughed with me letting me know it's okay.

"Now she said 7 it's 5:30 and it takes women forever to get ready so go." He rushed, "I don't know what to wear, I might wear some jeans." Ajiah looked at me like "Are you fucking crazy" before he spoke, "It's a date and jeans aren't fancy enough for this occasion, maybe a dress. I'll pick out options and you decide." He left the room heading to my bedroom, I followed him.

༻༺

I finished installing my lace front since I took my passion twist down, after I did my makeup. My makeup was not too much but not basic. A light smokey eye with lashes, and a brown lip topped with lip gloss. I walked into the room seeing Ajiahs options he laid across the bed. The man had very good taste and it was difficult to choose.

I eventually chose to wear the silk pink dress that hugged my curves and stopped mid thigh. I matched it with my gold heels that wrapped around my ankle. I wore gold necklaces and bracelets. Once my outfit was completed I walked over deciding what perfume I wanted to wear, grabbing my good girl gone bad by Kilian Extreme.

I looked in the mirror one last time seeing how beautiful I looked in my dress as it complimented my brown skin. I heard a knock on my door, "She's downstairs Brax." Ajiahs said. I grabbed my white Versace purse, putting it on my shoulder. I walked out of the room, once I reached the bottom of the stairs I was met with Jah'Kyah shocked expression.

"You look beautiful." She said, stepping back, grabbing my hand and spinning me around. A bright smile came across my face, "you look nice too." She smiled ear to ear, a rose tint appeared on her face. "You do look very beautiful as always but now- God took his time making you." I walked over to Ajiah as he complimented me giving him the biggest hug ever. "Thank you, also where did you learn how to pick out outfits." He chuckled, "I was a married man darling." I nodded, he cleared his throat. "Well you kids better get going, but let me get my picture first."

Once Ajiah got his picture we were on our way. As we drove there her hand stayed on my thigh rubbing circles.

We came to a stop outside of a restaurant, she got out walking to my side opening my door. She grabbed my hand dragging me into the restaurant, once we got seated ordering our drinks. We started talking.

"What's your birthday?" I asked, "April 15th" I chuckled, "Ahhh you're Aries." Her eyebrows raised, "And you."

"I'm a Taurus, May 4th." She hummed, "nice I like Taurus, my dads a Taurus also." I laughed, "no wonder we get along, also when's his birthday." "April 23rd"

As a fellow Taurus, I love Aries. I hate Aries men though.

The waiter came back to order, I ordered chicken and shrimp Alfredo, and Kyah ordered steak. "So when did you start killing? Or how did that call come into play?" She asked me, my heart dropped. "It's a long story," she chuckled, "when it comes to you I have all the time in the world." I smiled, before telling her.

Her back story is the whole next chapter.

 Word count: 1095

Word count: 1095